CarPlay Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologies if this is redundant - has anyone seen this? CarPlay upgrade for select Lexus models 10-19.

Any ideas as to why this would not work for a GX? It seems it’s compatible for nearly every other model.

I ordered one of the rhino radios....but no shipping info after 2 weeks...a little worried now...

Apologies if this is redundant - has anyone seen this? CarPlay upgrade for select Lexus models 10-19.

Any ideas as to why this would not work for a GX? It seems it’s compatible for nearly every other model.

For whatever reason the beatsonic products are very year- and model-specific. I contacted them about this earlier this year and they told me that unless the year and model of your car is listed the product would almost certainly not work in it.

For whatever reason the beatsonic products are very year- and model-specific. I contacted them about this earlier this year and they told me that unless the year and model of your car is listed the product would almost certainly not work in it.

I received the same. Spoke with some techs and was told nearly everything is the same. I will be ordering the product and doing my best to retrofit. Will report on findings.

Sadly GX is NOT in the list. About the only thing I really hate Toyotas is their really really proprietary and non standard across models radio/Navi systems.

Compatibility:
  • 2014-2017 Lexus CT 200h with Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2014 Lexus GS 350 / 450h with or without Factory Navigation.
  • 2015-2017 Lexus GS 200t / 350 / 450h / GS F with or without Factory Navigation
  • 2018-2019 Lexus GS 300 / 350 / 450h / GS F with or without Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2017 Lexus LS 460 / 600h L with Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2019 Lexus RX 350 / 450h with Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2018 Lexus ES 350 / 300h with Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2017 Lexus IS 250 / 200t / 300 / 350 / IS-C / IS-F with Factory Navigation
  • 2015-2017 Lexus RC 200t / 300 / 350 / RC F with Factory Navigation
  • 2015-2017 Lexus NX 200t / 300h with Factory Navigation
  • 2013-2017 Lexus LS 460 / 600h L with Factory Navigation
  • 2016-2019 Lexus LX 570 with or without Factory Navigation

GROM has a phone mirroring option for '10-'12 460s.... probably '13 as well since same unit.

lexus_phone_mirroring.jpg
smartphone_mirroring.jpg

View attachment 2099648
Now that's what I'm talking about! All the stock functionality AND my phones' features too! All in one neat little package!
I may have to drop some coin on this!

I'd love to be a beta tester, but I live in San Clemente (right next to Camp Pendleton). Belmont, zip code: 94002 is just south of San Francisco, 434 miles from my local. They specified that they want testers no further than a 50 mile radius. :(

I ordered one of the rhino radios....but no shipping info after 2 weeks...a little worried now...

Ooh let is know when u get it.

Finally have everything working, was sent wrong airbag jumper harness, had to splice in the chip to the main harness...everything seems to work pretty good now... front shield windshield and mirror de icer still works as well....rear entertainment system does not work though... I'll try to figure that one out later.

Finally have everything working, was sent wrong airbag jumper harness, had to splice in the chip to the main harness...everything seems to work pretty good now... front shield windshield and mirror de icer still works as well....rear entertainment system does not work though... I'll try to figure that one out later.

Airbag jumper? What does that do?
Bummer about the rear entertainment. That's a deal breaker for me right now. Any clue what might be wrong? Does the rear ent have its own video input and power switch?

Bummer about the rear entertainment. That's a deal breaker for me right now. Any clue what might be wrong? Does the rear ent have its own video input and power switch?

The oem radio has the passenger on/off airbag indicator, the air bag jumper harness has a chip which I would assume has resistors to make your car think the indicator light still exists. Or else you get a dash air bag light.

You also lose oem backup camera.... unless you have oem front and side cameras....I installed an after market camera.

No details i can find about it though. Navihua doesn't seem to have it on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom