CAROLINA RELIC RUN 2020 - OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD *CANCELED* - (REGISTERED ATTENDEES CHECK YOUR EMAIL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will be great to meet you dude! Just went through your Velveeta ROTW again. Major flashbacks.

That sure was a lonnnggg time ago, I'm nothing but gray hair now. 😆

It will be great to meet you and catch up with everyone!

Last edited:
Registering but the 30 tickets for $100 are showing up as $50 in my cart.

Fixed. Thanks for being honest!

The raffle ticket price was wrong too, so boo on the rest of you dishonest people :p

Thanks for being honest.

1f9.png

So question... how is my 67 FJ 40 going to pass inspection with the whole roll bar requirement, 67 did not come with a roll bar. Don’t we think there should be an exception for a true relic?

Iirc we made exceptions for the Relics that come to the event with no top and no roll bar. I'm not on the bod though, so I'll defer to @erymer for that answer. We have failed relics in the past, for example for not having functional emergency brakes or no fire extinguisher/first aid kit, so don't think you're off the hook that easy :p

Please be aware that the inspection was implemented to help ensure basic vehicle health, for the safety and security of everyone. Tech inspections are needed both for insurance that the club carries, and to adhere to tlca guidelines.

P. S. If you're not planning on doing the "Relic run" trip on the trails, it doesn't matter if you pass tech inspection or not.

Thank you for the tag Johnny. @Kurtisnigro1 Please give us a few minutes to discuss. I was not part of those previous exemptions so I don't want to speak before looking at past precedent. Thanks for your patience.

Just registered (and finally joined ONSC). Haven't been able to drive my 60 since October. :( But registering means my husband will HAVE to fix my water pump and make sure my 4wd works (and repair my leaky exhaust for NC inspection) all before April 23rd... Here's to having a forcing function, ha! Can't wait.

Guess who's back?... Joey's back...

Welcome back for another amazing year in ONSC event sponsorship, Wits' End!

GOLD SPONSOR:
WITS' END

Thanks for the support!

This year, we will have embroidered event shirts and hats available for purchase from now until 1 month after the event. Limited edition, Forest Green with Silver embroidery. These do not replace the event shirts that are part of your registration - these are purely optional:

Trucker hat:
Regular hat:
Polo Shirt:

and yes, the "IH8MUD" 10% off coupon code works with these items.

Last edited:
Just registered! Any updates on training during the event?
Still working through the details. Unfortunately Izzy can't make it for CRR, but we're talking to some other folks to see what we can come up with. Fingers crossed!

Those crossed fingers and a follow up email seemed to help :) - should be adding the details tomorrow!

Last edited:
Does ONSC have a youtube page for events? ;)

NO - but feel free to take that on if you like. Instagram, Facebook, Merch, Facebook Live, all covered. But no, we don't have a Youtube. That's your next duty! Set one up, I'll come talk trash to a camera for a bit. :)

Adding the following information to the main document above, but wanted to call it out specifically:

OEX has agreed to offer off road training as part of the event!!
  • Signup for training is limited to 15 vehicles per session (relics or non relics are welcome)
  • 2 class sessions (half day) are offered - Off Road 101, and Off Road 102 both on Friday
  • Feel free to sign up for both sessions if you like
  • There is no additional cost for the sessions.
  • 101 and 102 will consist of both classroom based and hands on training (obstacle course/trail riding)
  • If you are an more experienced off-roader with a trail-worthy rig, feel free to skip 101 and just take 102
  • Once you have registered, visit this thread to sign up for trail rides and training:

I'm registered, hope it's as good a time as the last one I was at. Met John Vee for the first time at that one...………….. and had a few enjoyable days riding with the Stump!!!!! For a guy from PA it sure is refreshing to enjoy the southern weather in April!!!!

I'm registered, hope it's as good a time as the last one I was at. Met John Vee for the first time at that one...………….. and had a few enjoyable days riding with the Stump!!!!! For a guy from PA it sure is refreshing to enjoy the southern weather in April!!!!

Hey Gary! Looking forward to seeing ya again! Glad you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom