1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburator Question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ55partsBoise, Jan 10, 2004.

1. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

I need to rebuild my Rochester locally for about $125. I am halfway thinking that I may try to find a original carb to rebuild if I am messing with it.

Any suggestions? Cost estimate? What is a good rebuildable Aisin worth? Any years or models to avoid? I just want something daily driver reliable and I have heard the original cruiser carb is the way to go with a rebuilt 2f, manafre 6 to 1 header, minitruck PS 1974 FJ40

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Repeat after me- Aisain Aisain Aisain.
    Jim C is charging aroung $270 I believe for a rebuilt Aisain carb. This is an out of the box ready to bolt on rebuild that looks/performs like new.
    However, you need a core.
    I would find a core that is the same as the Aisain for your year engine, send it to Jim and have him rebuild it.
    fj40jim@aol.com

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Yup. Get a rebuilt Aisen.

4. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I've got three with kits in them for sale, $85 plus shipping. I'm not a carburetor guru, just a cruiser guy. I've had some success rebuilding my stuff and have three spares with kits in them. FWIW
    Ed Long :)