Car stalled on a busy I-210 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove for 336miles from SJ to LA over the weekend and 3miles from my destination with bumper to bumper traffic on highway I-210 the car stalled. I panic, but luckly car restarted after turning the ignition on again. What could be the problem? I thinking my fuel pump is failing?

Last edited:
From what I read it looks like 06/07 100's have a smaller/different fuel pump than prior models and it seems those seem to have more problems than the 98-05 100's. If you add some details (model/year) to your signature, it'll help others help you (searching the forum can yield a lot of info already).

Car is LC100 1999 model with 215k miles.

1573673625206.png

Basics:

-check MAF and clean it
-check air filter for excessive dirt
-check intake and clean with carb cleaner
-check spark plugs and coils

I had something similar happen years ago. On the way to work truck died, I restarted and it fired right back up. I cleaned the battery cable connections and battery terminals and it didn't happen again.

I had something similar happen years ago. On the way to work truck died, I restarted and it fired right back up. I cleaned the battery cable connections and battery terminals and it didn't happen again.

I thought might be battery too. It has a tag 9/16 on the battery. So on our way back home I replaced the battery.

Last edited:
Basics:

-check MAF and clean it
-check air filter for excessive dirt
-check intake and clean with carb cleaner
-check spark plugs and coils

I'll work on these items this weekend. I might also change the fuel filter and pump.

I'll work on these items this weekend. I might also change the fuel filter and pump.

Yup the fuel filter and fuel pump are your last possible points of culprit.
05D6133B-7812-4F80-8B46-13F66E2108DB.jpeg

Before the engine stalled was your a/c ON? If it was ON did the cold air change to not-so-biting type of cold? Reason for me asking is it could be related to your AC going to high pressure (possible fan or a/c cooling issue) since you mentioned you were stuck in traffic when this happened.

Yes ac was on. Didn't notice anything unusual on the ac. Problem didn't come back and we where able to drive another 300+ miles back home with no problem.

I have similar problem last year. The car lost power on high way for a few times. Turn out the problem is my main fuse box. I have had red security light flashing symptoms. I ordered EFI relay bypass kit here solved my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom