Car security (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I seem to be getting a lot of attention with my Cygnus including people knocking my house door too!

Are these cars easy to steal being old can the barrel be ripped out to start it or are these hard to rob please?

I’ve got a GPS tracker installed and use the immobiliser but still I’d like to make sure it’s hard to steal seeing as it’s such a good car

Thanks as always!

They key fob should contain a chip and it can prevent theft, but if you are using the lock botton on the key fob to lock the vehicle, the frequency can go into another if they have the frequency scanner. I usually don't use the key fob to lock the vehicle: I also have installed a starter kill switch between the ignition starter power wire and starter relay. I turn it off when it is parked at all times. Switch is hidden and only me and my wife knows the location.
What year is your car?

If you don't drive it that often just pull the fuel pump fuse, even simple things like leaving the T-case in Neutral will prevent thief's from stealing your rig.

I drive it daily so that’s not an option

And I can’t remove the key if it’s in neutral :/

I don't think there is an OE immobilizer on the Cygnus. Vehicle theft is not a big issue in Japan.

I drive it daily so that’s not an option

And I can’t remove the key if it’s in neutral :/
He meant the transfercase (Hi-Lo lever) in the neutral position.

I hear thief's ripping interior if they see a transmitter, there are plenty cheap scanners available. I guess this happens when they steal it to sell or part out. If they are using it to another robbery, probably they won't bother I guess.

However, a kill switch can be the best option. Great if it automatically switches to kill mode after ignition off.

He meant the transfercase (Hi-Lo lever) in the neutral position.
You mean leave in in N and turn car off and no one can steal it? How does this work please? The computer tricked to stay in neutral unless it has the key?

Is this safe to do daily please?

I installed a well hidden kill switch on my 2004, the setup is very simple, just a momentary pushbutton switch that interrupts the signal from the ignition wire to the ECU. I tapped this from behind the fuse panel in the driver footwell. It was relatively simple to install, and cost next to nothing. Just need a quality pushbutton. Now I have to hold the button while turning the key to start. This gives me extra piece of mind when parking in shady areas.

I installed a well hidden kill switch on my 2004, the setup is very simple, just a momentary pushbutton switch that interrupts the signal from the ignition wire to the ECU. I tapped this from behind the fuse panel in the driver footwell. It was relatively simple to install, and cost next to nothing. Just need a quality pushbutton. Now I have to hold the button while turning the key to start. This gives me extra piece of mind when parking in shady areas.
Any chance of a picture of the wiring please?

:rofl: sorry no pictures. but its a pretty simple setup, and the switch is well hidden. It's a pain to explain when someone else drives my truck, but it's worth it. I have so much time and money invested into the build, it's just peace of mind.

But seriously: I would also generally be interested in a wiring schematic.

My thinking would be: cut the battery cable going from battery to electronics and put a switch (any preferred hardware?) between the ends? Sure: extend cables to you switch position.

But is that it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom