Car moving company recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't suppose you have AAA do you? If not, any tow company with a rollback/flatbed tow truck can do it. Just be the tow charge. It was $145 last time I used a tow company to move a car, but that was 7 years ago in Illinois, so I am sure its probably higher now.

Does anyone in the area have a car hauler? You might get by with just the cost of a case of beer. Last comment, is there something that prevents the replacement of the serpentine belt where it is?

2011 my transmission went out in our 100 series. Probably about 120 miles from our home in the valley. Have a 100 mile limit on our AAA and believe it was around $100 for the extra. Seems like a lot but driver had to drive back to Payson that night. When my mom moved in with us in 2008 her AAA was only for a few mile tow. AAA has multiple plans.

I have a dumb question why not just replace the belt and drive it home? At first thought you were talking timing belt. Serpentine belt should a fairly easy job as long as nothing being driven have frozen up.

Don't suppose you have AAA do you? If not, any tow company with a rollback/flatbed tow truck can do it. Just be the tow charge. It was $145 last time I used a tow company to move a car, but that was 7 years ago in Illinois, so I am sure its probably higher now.

Does anyone in the area have a car hauler? You might get by with just the cost of a case of beer. Last comment, is there something that prevents the replacement of the serpentine belt where it is?
Joining AAA is an option. Car hauler with cash + beer is fine too. Seized fan bracket is preventing me from installing a new belt.

AAA is 125 per yr with a 200 miles tow range. That s seems cheapest.

AAA is 125 per yr with a 200 miles tow range. That s seems cheapest.
48 hours waiting after joining if you want towing service, or pay another $75 to skip the 48 hours waiting period. They won't set up appointment for towing. Have to call on the day of service, minimum waiting time after service call for Tucson area is 3 hours. That doesn't sound fun if you have to wait at the road side.

48 hours waiting after joining if you want towing service, or pay another $75 to skip the 48 hours waiting period. They won't set up appointment for towing. Have to call on the day of service, minimum waiting time after service call for Tucson area is 3 hours. That doesn't sound fun if you have to wait at the road side.
are you trapped there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom