Can you ID this animal scat? Rabbit? Effective Repellent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
This little @^%@%$@$ is eating my fruits on the ground.

I have both rabbits and ground squirrels thinking my yard is the local food bank.

I hate the squirrels with a passion. They cracked several of my concrete slabs and tease me constantly. Many no longer do. I do enjoy seeing the rabbits running around. Hopeless romantic, I know... But I draw the line at my Feijoas...

Never seen scat near the squirrels dens so I'm guessing rabbits. That right? Or...?

IMG_4435.JPG

added: well Google suggests it is indeed rabbit and not ground squirrel.
Are there effective rabbit repellents?

Last edited:
^Yes, but not possible in my area. Not that I'd want to spend the night stalking just for this.

Last edited:
Looks like rabbit to me.

The trouble is, they breed like, well, rabbits. With a ready food supply, the population will grow quickly. You could trap, shoot or poison them, but the only workable answer is to make their food source un (or at least less) available. Unlike squirrels (which IH8 also), rabbits will not get in your shop or house and make nests inside and wreak havoc with your insulation and wiring, etc., so as pests go they are fairly benign. A fairly low fence of chicken wire would keep them out of a garden.

dammit, now I find remnants of fruit on top of a wood fence. Can rabbits climb like that?

I'm half minded to go Zen on that and come to terms with the notion that I should share, since it seems unlikely I can do much about it... Ommmmm...... :)

dammit, now I find remnants of fruit on top of a wood fence. Can rabbits climb like that?

Tree rats, aka squirrels.

^ buy a snake and let it run amok? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom