Can you ID that Vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tasty...
Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Car-760x496.jpg

It looks like the kind of car that would keep one in constant trouble :steer:

Dammit! Now I can't get "In constant sorrow all through his days" by the Soggy Bottom Boys out of my head, and that is *not* the song I would associate with that car!

Glenn

Yes, and those who haven't seen the movie, it gets two thumbs up.

Yup. A Tucker 48. Saw one live at the San Diego Balboa Park museum. Production #1019 in a light blue non factory paint. One of the rare real ones. Wiki shows it as privately owned. They only had a production run of 51. Some were built later from parts, kinda like how the DeLoreans kept churning out for years. When they made the movie I believe they had to build replicas as well, and some of those are floating around in addition to the 3 noted below.

From the wiki article
In 1997, Rob Ida Automotive started work on a replica of the Tucker '48 Sedan, which culminated in the release and marketing of the 2001 Ida Automotive New Tucker '48. This replica faithfully recreates the Tucker's external bodywork, but is built on a hotrod chassis with resin-infused plastic body panels. The paint and wheels reflect modern hotrod styling, and the interior is fully modern. It is powered by a mid-mounted Cadillac Northstar V8. Claimed performance is 0–60 in 7 seconds, with a top speed in excess of 120 mph (190 km/h). Ida has built three cars

Hmm. That would be interesting to find linkage to for photos or video. Will have an eyeball

Glenn

Last edited:
bi4fdsyc60xcmmq3q31s.png

Yes! Italian coachwork with an American V-8 ~

The Iso Grifo is a limited production grand tourer automobile manufactured by Italian Iso Autoveicoli S.p.A. between 1965 and 1974.[1] Intended to compete with Ferrari and Maserati GTs, it utilized a series of American power trains and components supplied by Chevrolet and Ford to ensure performance and maximize reliability.

Time to play again...

1588806497923.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom