can anyone tell me why this truck is so cheap....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think a lot of chassis rust but maybe the seller just does not know value.
Does it have a title/license for usa?
Pick up is not really my thing but sure looks nice. toyota-land-cruiser-bj75-1988
toyota-land-cruiser-bj75-1988.jpg

Last edited:
weak 3B engine? I'd buy it if I lived at sea level. Makes sure it's already titled in the US.

Looks like a complete respray to me. The bed looks to clean to be original. What is that thing under the front LH headlight, plug in engine heater?

i ran the vin through toyodiy.com. everything advertised should be there and nothing is missing. only thing ive found is that according to its VIN its a 87, not an 88, but that probably when it was first licenced in Swiss.

the only thing that makes me nervous is the lack of pics of the interior and engine bay. but from the ad, it does seem like the guy is being pretty upfront?

maybe its a one in a thousand buy? if it is, nice catch to who ever got it

There may not be a landcruiser. It could just be an identity theft scam where people throw information at them in anticipation of a bargain priced 75 series.

My buddy just bought it. Its titled already. He's picking it up today.

How much did he pay for it? There are 2 cruisers on that page that I have sold already and the advertised prices there are halve of what I got for them so something does not add up.

I didn't push him too hard, just enough to know that the asking price of 8K was representative apparently.

How much did he pay for it? There are 2 cruisers on that page that I have sold already and the advertised prices there are halve of what I got for them so something does not add up.

I’m with you. Here is another site where it’s advertised at $25,500 and there is link to take you to an eBay auction where it was bid up to $25,500 without meeting the reserve.

Toyota Land Cruiser Bj75 Pickup Truck Very Low 40960 Original Miles Diesel - Used Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in Gainesville, Georgia | autoquid.com

OMG I just re-read his email and I misunderstood. I still don't know what he paid, but it was a lot more than 8K. Maybe I'll work on him to get an actual price and come back here to resolve the issue. :)

I thought 8 grand was a scam but 25 sounds right to me nice truck.
Hope he joins the forum and adds some more pics :)

More than what we would pay in oz for a 75 series, but its something that if used lightly will still be good when its 60 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom