Can anybody install a body lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, I gotta ask now, why is it called that? Is it b/c of the people living there, condition of the city or what? Very curious!!

I also need some help removing my hitch, I'm guessing it's never been off and I couldn't budge it last night at all!!

I also have a welder here in Morrisville, near the airport.

:beer: Ramon

I have to admit, I've only been a member for a few weeks now since I met Greg and I'm astounded by the amount of people that can help out. I've been members of other forums/clubs but when it came to crunch time, not much happened. I'm trying to secure a dry place to put the body lift on this weekend and when it's on I need to get my KMA bumper on, that's where you guys with the welding skills save me. I'll gladly pay you guys too, I'm no freeloader!:skull:

I have to admit, I've only been a member for a few weeks now since I met Greg and I'm astounded by the amount of people that can help out. I've been members of other forums/clubs but when it came to crunch time, not much happened. I'm trying to secure a dry place to put the body lift on this weekend and when it's on I need to get my KMA bumper on, that's where you guys with the welding skills save me. I'll gladly pay you guys too, I'm no freeloader!:skull:

Trust me Jason, we aren't in it for the money. If it was a $hitload of welding, I might let you reimburse for consumables - other than that, no way would I take your dough. I think the others would agree, this club has turned into a real "I'll scratch your back...." kinda' deal. It's sweet!

:beer: R

Well when I get the body lift on, hopefully when the weather turns as I have no garage, I'll be packing the frosty barley pops of your choice to show my gratitude!! Just name your flavor and it's on. You don't have an impact and compressor too do you? I tried to get my hitch off and I think I left my b@lls under the truck!! I've been spraying the bolts with PB Blaster and it's helped some but not as much as I was hoping it would.

Yep, sounds like you just need to throw out a time and date and either Jerry or I will be able to help you. We live like 5 mins apart anyway, so it would just boil down to who's available when you are.

Well I believe beggers can't be choosers so I will make time to fit somebody's schedule. The only times I'm not available are M-F 7am-5pm. My wife has a training Saturday most of the day so I can come by anytime really. My son is just under 4 but loves to watch and is pretty well behaved too.
Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the help, Byrd's Auto in Garner want $70+ to pull the hitch. YIKES!:bang:
Jason

Well, my 40 is occupying my garage w/ the top off and bare metal cage in progress, not much chance of moving it outside this weekend according to the forecast. Unless Jerry has some covered space, I'd have to put you off until one evening next week.

I'm going to keep hitting with the Blaster so when it clears up just name a day and I'll make it fit my schedule.:beer:
Thanks a TON!

Well I believe beggers can't be choosers so I will make time to fit somebody's schedule. The only times I'm not available are M-F 7am-5pm. My wife has a training Saturday most of the day so I can come by anytime really. My son is just under 4 but loves to watch and is pretty well behaved too.
Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the help, Byrd's Auto in Garner want $70+ to pull the hitch. YIKES!:bang:
Jason

Replied to your PM. I can "massage" things in the garage to make enough room to back your rig into the garage.

Don't spend the money yet, give us a shot at that thing first. May need a bit of heat or even get as drastic as the cutoff wheel but we will try the impact wrench first...

I appreciate that, I need to check the KMA bumper I have b/c I'm not sure if it has supports to go to the frame or not but judging from the packaging I don't think it does.

check your pm. i also have the needed tools and some room in my garage.

Jason came by today and I have to say that removing the 8 bolts, holding his hitch on became a mission that had to be accomplished. Out of the 8 bolts, 2 came off intact, 4 broke off just below the head and 2 had to be cut/ground/pounded/beat into submission. Absolutely amazing the power of rust. Between the Sawzall and cutoff wheel, they didn't have a chance.

The important thing is we got them off, got the hitch off so he can look at installing the body lift then mounting his new rear bumper...

Gotta thank Jerry, I can't express my gratitude enough. Plus, his wife and daughters watched my son as we dealt with the hand the hitch played us. I did smash my left index finger and other than some dirt I think that's the only carnage sustained. Jerry did prolly 95% of the work, stand up guy and I envy his daughter's FJ he's working on. I started off with a Plymouth K car, whoopee!!!!
Next nice day I'm attempting the body lift then probably hitting my new found friend for some welding assistance on the bumper install.
Thanks a ton Jerry, I owe you the brews of a lifetime now!!:D:beer:

No worries Jason. I didn't realize you banged your finger, I would have offered some "sports medicine expertise" (aka...ice). The girls love "babysitting", not that he is a "baby", watching Disney and Sponge Bob aren't too tough.

Bottom line, that was WAY too much work for 8 bolts...

Yeah, it happened one of the many times I caught the tip of the sawzall on something and it smashed the tip between the bumper and the saw. Wouldn't have been anything if it didn't hit the fingernail you know.

Two nice bolts,4 busted bolts and 2 bolts from hell!!!! I agree 100% Jerry!

:rolleyes: i should have mentioned i have a torch too....

Trust me Jason, we aren't in it for the money. If it was a $hitload of welding, I might let you reimburse for consumables - other than that, no way would I take your dough. I think the others would agree, this club has turned into a real "I'll scratch your back...." kinda' deal. It's sweet!

It truly is amazing how helpful folks in this club are! 2 weeks ago we did my front knuckles etc and had a nice turnout. Yesterday Eric and his son Garrett were kind enough to let me steal their day while Eric fabbed up mounts for my aftermarket seats - something I thought might take 2 hrs turned into a 5 hr session.

Thanks again Eric!!!!!!!!!!! and I am totally onboard with paying it forward and building good Cruiser Karma - if anyone needs help w/ anything, just post up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom