Can a beater box-trailer budget redo look better-than-OK behind my LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 18 yr old box trailer - used for dump hauling, construction, camping, everything - is in my yard getting stripped down....knocking off rust > rewiring harnesses/ new decking> Corroseal > prime > paint.
Considered sand blasting then powder coating, but total $ for that route was = to cost of new trailer. And they don't make this unit with walls as high anymore.
This trailer has a lot of micro dings, many imperfections from yrs of abuse. I'm not going to do body work, just going to spray the finish.
So the question is: just default to rustoleum black, or has anyone tried to get a decent color to play off their rig (FWIW mine is the 05 grey, think its Mica Grey?). How is a good looking color, semi-gloss, on a trailer with a lot of imperfections going to look....like a good looking color on a trailer with a lot of imperfections! I'd love to find a flat color that looks good, anyone rattle-canned a grey Rustoleum or other product with decent results?
Thanks

I wouldn’t try to match the same color of the truck or anything close to the same color if you’re going with a lower level of gloss (a good idea for a dented surface, BtW). It’ll just look bad like a poor attempt at matching. Instead, Pick a color that compliments the truck or just go with satin black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom