CalStar Changes concerning Rubithon and others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad Coco

GOLD Star
Threads
Well as many of you are aware, there have been some big changes concerning CalStar. They are now a member of the much larger AirMedCare Network and are no longer offering memberships as CalStar alone.

Unfortunately there is no longer a $30 family membership available. Under the AirMedCare Network, Rubithon group members will still get a discounted price over normal cost with our rate being $55 for the entire household. Note the name difference. Under the CalStar plan, there had to be a family relationship; under the new plan, it covers anyone that resides in the household regardless of relationship. As with the CalStar plan, it will still cover your children while they are away at College.

For those of you that in the past had both CalStar and Reach coverage to increase your protection, this new cost will actually save you $40/year since both CalStar and Reach are AirMedCare Network members so you will no longer to have to maintain both to maximize your coverage.

On the plus side of all this, the coverage under the new plan is much greater than under CalStar alone.

I will be attaching some JPEGS that describe some of the increased coverage areas and added benefits. For starters, those that go to King of the Hammers, you will now be covered as the air ambulance company that covers Johnson Valley is also a AirMedCare Network partner. This is new as compared to CalStar alone.

You can find much more information on their website www.airmedcarenetwork.com

I have not yet received the new enrollment forms from them, but have been assigned a group number. We should have the new forms shortly.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to email me or call with any questions.

Eric Agee

530-401-0800

chairman@rubithon.com

AMCN Brochure Map 0916.jpg

CALSTAR REACH Quick Facts Flyer.jpg

We already had both because the area where my wife rides her horse is covered by AirMed.

Bump. If you are needing to renew before you register, let me know and I'll send you the new form with the discount group number

Will this be available on the Rubithon sign up?

Awesome Eric. This should definitely be mandatory for all participants.

When it was through CalStar only, we talked last year about making it mandatory. At $30 seemed like it would be doable. Now however, AirMedCare cost $55. The nice part of this is you no longer have to be family. It covers anyone in your household (and your kiddos while in college.)

What we have done is raised the cost of the event $10. AirMedCare offers event insurance and that $10 increase will cover the cost. However, it only covers you on the trail itself from June 20th-June 25th, 2017.

You will be able to "Ala Carte" a AirMedCare Household membership for the full $55. If you select the Premier Registration that comes with the Air Ambulance insurance, I'm waiving that $10 increase as you have gone above to protect yourself and shouldn't be charged twice.

I hope that helps and feel free to call me with any questions. 530-401-0800.

My life, or anyone else's life is worth more than $10 or $55.

I spend stupid money on my truck, I spend stupid money on health insurance per month and I barely get my money's worth, so why not spend another $55?

Now I just need to ponder if I'm doing Cruise Moab or Rubithon! :bang::censor:

My life, or anyone else's life is worth more than $10 or $55.

I spend stupid money on my truck, I spend stupid money on health insurance per month and I barely get my money's worth, so why not spend another $55?

Now I just need to ponder if I'm doing Cruise Moab or Rubithon! :bang::censor:
BOTH!!!!!!

Here is an updated flyer. It includes the names of all the provider members.

CALSTAR REACH Quick Facts Flyer CR.jpg

Attachments

• CALSTAR REACH Quick Facts Flyer CR.PDF
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
Here is a new product they are offering called the Fly U Home plan. It too covers the entire household for a year. For you guys that travel to distant places, it may be worth every penny!

Attachments

• AMCN-FUH Brochure.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom