Calling all Wheel/tire Experts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Supposedly the rock warrior offset calls for a 285 70 r17…which supposedly also will work with no rubbing.

If you run a p metric 285 70 r17 rather than an lt/light tire, you’ll be able to run anywhere from 26-44 psi (51 in a wildpeak)…whatever feels best.

If you run an lt/light truck 285 70 r17, you’ll be required to run minimum 40 psi.

Cooper discoverer at3 4s has the highest ratings of the p metrics in this size…toyo at3’s have the best combination of performance and “look” IMO. Wildpeaks look the “coolest.” Attached is a photo from stellarbuilt of a Lexus with wildpeaks in that size.

View attachment 3079344
I went with 285/70r17 on the Kenda's, the ride is so incredibly improved over the 20s I had. I have Cooper discoverer at3 4s on my Escalade, great tires.

Supposedly the rock warrior offset calls for a 285 70 r17…which supposedly also will work with no rubbing.

If you run a p metric 285 70 r17 rather than an lt/light tire, you’ll be able to run anywhere from 26-44 psi (51 in a wildpeak)…whatever feels best.

If you run an lt/light truck 285 70 r17, you’ll be required to run minimum 40 psi.

Cooper discoverer at3 4s has the highest ratings of the p metrics in this size…toyo at3’s have the best combination of performance and “look” IMO. Wildpeaks look the “coolest.” Attached is a photo from stellarbuilt of a Lexus with wildpeaks in that size with (I think) zero offset.

View attachment 3079344
Per the load charts 26 psi will support the load without self destructing but is too little pressure to avoid the sidewall folding while cornering on-road. Yes it is very plush and isolates the truck from the road surface but frankly isn’t safe for some of what a vehicle needs to do on the road.

I ran closer to 33psi stock pressure with my P285/70R17 AT2s and that was a decent compromise.

Per the load charts 26 psi will support the load without self destructing but is too little pressure to avoid the sidewall folding while cornering on-road. Yes it is very plush and isolates the truck from the road surface but frankly isn’t safe for some of what a vehicle needs to do on the road.

I ran closer to 33psi stock pressure with my P285/70R17 AT2s and that was a decent compromise.
Sounds about right. My p275 60 r20 feel pretty good around 33 psi starting pressure (even though I think I could run 27 from a load bearing perspective).

The 40 psi I had to run in my lt275 60 r20 was not good. Felt like the tires provided no suspension damping at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom