Calling all Scion CD/Radio users (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to get one for my FJ62, but I was wondering if you guys had any issues with anti-theft codes or anything when getting one of these units used. Some of what I've seen for sale advertise that they will ship with the codes/VIN# needed to activate them, and some say that they will just plug and play to the best of thier knowledge...

Did you need to do anything special to get these units to work or what is the deal?
:cheers:

Kewl! I just got an 04 model from Eghey for 30 bucks...Now all I need is one of those nice tiny LandCruiser decals to over up the 'Scion' on the face. Where oh where...:)

Mine was plug and play.

Mine was plug and play too. Homemade decal on the top left of the face...
Cruiser Compressed.jpg

I just did a google image search for the decal, printed to the appropriate size and used some some heavy duty shipping tape to closely adhere it to the face. I found a link with steps on how to change the text on the radio, I'll post it when I get back to the house later this week.

They are plug and play, not the loudest head unit...Volume maxes out at a level of 62..lol, but its not as loud as you would think. Put it onto the feel selection with the SSR I think it is and it will sound very good! a super simple, but effective, install.

I just did a google image search for the decal, printed to the appropriate size and used some some heavy duty shipping tape to closely adhere it to the face. I found a link with steps on how to change the text on the radio, I'll post it when I get back to the house later this week.

I was being sarcastic, I didn't know you could change the text!!! I searched and found this:

It's a bit of a process but it's in the owners manual. It took me a few trys.
1. With the radio turned on, hold the "A" (audio) button and turn the car to the off position and back to ACC
2. Make sure the line below "Scion" is blinking and hold the "M" (mute) button and turn the car off and back to ACC
3. Using the volume controls, choose the letter then hit the A button to progress
4. To do symbols and stuff keep going through the characters available, i'm pretty sure there're numbers in there too.
You only have 60 seconds to complete your new message but if you time out just start over and whatever you've done to that point will be saved.

the Following is for the T1805 (In-Dash 6CD Changer)

» How To: Change Stereo Welcome Message
If you'd like to change the welcome message on the stock Pioneer stereo headunit, simply follow the directions below:
With the main unit swtiched on, turn the key from the ACC position to the off position.

On the main unit, press and hold AUDIO CONTROL then turn the key to ACC (while still holding down AUDIO CONTROL). The horizontal line in the LCD display will start flashing.

Within 15 seconds, press and hold the MUTE button then turn the key to OFF. (If 15 seconds or more elapse you'll get the "TIME OUT" display....if this happens, just repeat from Step #1).

To Edit the Text (you should see a flashing cursor with "A"):
Press the VOL/LEVEL + or - buttons to change the flashing letter.

When you get to the letter or character you want to be displayed, press the AUDIO CONTROL button to select it.

The cursor will move to the right one space so you can select the next character.

Once you select the 12th chracter, the entire line starts flashing. To delete a selected character, press the MUTE button.

Once finished selecting the text for the line, press and hold down the AUDIO CONTROL button.

You're done.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom