caliper bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
coming home from work yesty and a funny noise from rhf wheel . stopped and looked , bottem caliper bolt gone and top one loose {gulp} Drove home slowly . tapped out one size bigger and added new h/t bolts . all good now .any one else had this problem ? :beer:

topend yobbo said:
coming home from work yesty and a funny noise from rhf wheel . stopped and looked , bottem caliper bolt gone and top one loose {gulp} Drove home slowly . tapped out one size bigger and added new h/t bolts . all good now .any one else had this problem ? :beer:

Just once. Caliper kept making a "claking" noise against the wheel when comming to a stop-I only made it about 150 ft. before I noticed and rumaged through my fastners drawer for another bolt-all good now and no aftermarket part to scare me.

Someone else do your brakes last time???

I was the idiot in my instance-I forgot to torque the top bolt in my haste to get to work.

I've had it happen once as well. It's what happens when you let some guy do the work and torque the bolts 'by feel'. IIRC, they require 90 ft lbs of torque and if they aren't torqued properly the bolts will come off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom