Cable shifter for t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Here's a not so big dollar item, at least out of the junkyard, that may solve some linkage issues on various conversions and what not. It is a transfer case cable shift linkage from an 84 - 88 Toyota Van. It actuates a lever on the transfer case and shifts from H2 to H4 then L4. The lever on the case is of the same design as the high/low lever on most of the Land Cruiser transfer cases. The cable has a 3" throw, and is 6' long end to end. It would be very easy to place this just about anywhere in the console. The shift gate is a simple spring loaded side design and could be modified to place detents where ever one desires.

This would also be good for doing a twin stick (though it would not really be a twin) or an actuating lever for cable lockers.

Quick pic, more if needed...

P1010422_0.JPG

Last edited:
Great idea, those are the kind of things us poor cruiser heads need to know.

You gotta like searching the wreckers for new cheap ways to build things.

Though cheap used, it is a quality Toyota part... I'd rather use this stuff than much that is available aftermarket. I checked with the dealer today and only the wear parts are still available. The cable retails out at $255, ouch!

Top view

P1010405_0.JPG

Tail end with mounting bracket... once the bracket is secured to the t-case or transmission, it could move either the high/low selector or the 2wd/4wd shaft.

P1010406_0.JPG

I paid $15 used... did not bother with the part numbers as most of the main assembly is NLA. These see so little use that they are in good shape anyway.

These would work very well for the lockers.... wish I had known about them back when I did an elocker to cable locker conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom