Cabin Air Filter Retrofit Video (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 2003 TLC does not have the doors for the air filters.

I just opened it all up to fix the leaking panel from the evap coil that drips into the foot well. I vacuumed it out (not much there), and cleaned the coil with coil cleaner from the local hardware store. Used a can an a half, multiple washings and vacuuming.

I might have added the filters, but honestly, if you keep debris out of the intake in front of the windscreen (that keeps it from being ingested into the system) and clean the evap coil every few of years, it's not a big deal. You can also access the coil by removing the blower motor, and spray cleaner in from that direction, which is actually a more direct angle.

Hi folks, I've searched various threads on the cooler cover conversion to have air filter slots on 05' LC. Original one didn't have slot for air filters and I was also getting small leaks of water dripping at the bottom of the cover when AC was on. These are the parts that I used. The Strip/sealer/packing cooler (88891-60040) is probably the one to replace if you are seeing water drips. It took me about an hour to do. Thanks to all that have posted in the past. It helped big time!

88578-47040 packing cooler / strip/sealer $10.21
88891-60060 cooler cover / small air filter door: $10
88891-60040 cooler cover w/ AF slot $22.08

Hi folks, I've searched various threads on the cooler cover conversion to have air filter slots on 05' LC. Original one didn't have slot for air filters and I was also getting small leaks of water dripping at the bottom of the cover when AC was on. These are the parts that I used. The Strip/sealer/packing cooler (88891-60040) is probably the one to replace if you are seeing water drips. It took me about an hour to do. Thanks to all that have posted in the past. It helped big time!

88578-47040 packing cooler / strip/sealer $10.21
88891-60060 cooler cover / small air filter door: $10
88891-60040 cooler cover w/ AF slot $22.08
^^^^ Where did you order your parts from?

I did this fix also. Part numbrs Worked perfect, ordered online from lexus of stevens creek here is san jose, ca. I had the one screw as shown above completely blocked by the bracket and had to remove the bolt as shown behind the carpet AS WELL AS THE ONE DIRECTLY ABOVE IT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE GLOVE BOX. This completly loosened that bracket. Went smooth after that was out of the way.

Does anyone know if the dealer is willing to do this since I need to get my Evap. coil serviced? I don't mind paying a little more and just have them do it right. I have a 2005, I will remove the glove door to see if I can see the slot.

great write-up, very helpful! plan to order parts and get it done soon. Thanks a lot!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - ordered parts for my no-filter panel 100 and installed everything today. Took about 1.5 hrs and I’m not very handy at all.

Stoked to have some filters running finally.

C6C7DD97-1914-4DB5-9247-11A90F3F01FF.jpeg

24597AE4-21A5-4FEC-A1F4-4119D737C96B.jpeg

4EE6EEF8-2727-4D04-AB04-319518FFADEC.jpeg

Bahhh, finally found the thread I was looking for idk how I missed it.

this sneaky little screw that was covered in felt , pointing to it with my screwdriver , was the missing piece of the puzzle . It was nastyy in there
KIMG1859.JPG
KIMG1860.JPG

I am looking at doing this as everytime I start the AC, red dust comes in the cabin. :)

Looking at both covers, the one without the opening has an outline where the opening should be.
Would it be easy to cut that out instead of buying a new cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom