SOLD Ca. 1986 FJ62 Highroof (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
La Crescenta-Montrose, California United States
Mileage
Color
gray
Good Day Members

FJ62 Highroof. Yes, original FJ62 with round headlights from Factory.

FJ62LG-MCZV

Color code 2V9. Beautiful 2 tone color paint, Gray and Brown. It has a red, orange/beige, white stripe.. Really sweet combination.

3F petrol carburetor engine. Drives very strong, it comfortably drives at 140km on the highway with ease, I didn't push it any harder.
I have highways videos, can share with interested parties. No noticable oil or water leaks. Driven 258km, roughly 160k miles.. No overheating issues.

H55F 5 speed factory setup tranmission. No issues with shifting. It's a good upgrade from the 4 speed tranmsission.

Regarding rust.. There is only 2 rice size holes on the driver side under the clutch. The rest of the body is rust free. Please see photos. I took out the carpet to inspect the floors. That is a sickness I have, any car I import I must take out the carpet to inspect. Everything is back to norm.

The chassis is straight and no signs of rust or dents or any kind of damage.. See photos..

The body is special, it is a highroof. She has Ambulance doors and rear sliding windows. She has wheel fender flares.

She has a center console that is a cooler / refrigerator. It has all its parts and hoses connected from the bottom of the chassis to the console. no part is missing. Not been tested..

Full AC and heater system. There is also an AC that runs in the rear.
The hoses that are connected to the rear AC unit are complete except for 2 missing air vents that is on the rear side of the FJ62, behind the right side door.. Not tested..

The seats are factory setup, the rear seats tumble down and lift up to the sides for more room for materials or you can easily take them out. The middle seats are split seats and they also fold down and lift forward for more space. The front seats are buckets.. There is a tear on the side of the driver seat. I believe the seat covers are factory because it matches the door cards fabric..

The door cards are not in good shape. The rear doors cardboards were totally shot. The middle door cardboards are also in bad shape. The passenger cardboard is shot. The driver side cardboard is in fair condition and is holding on strong.. Basically the doorcards will need attention.. It can be repaired with love.. I have all the existing door cards for the 62 but they need attention.. Passenger door speaker cover is missing..

The headliner is holding on strong.

It has a Sunroof. In all honesty there is no water leaks from the roof. She sat in the rain with no cover and she proved that there is no leaks.. The rain gutters are in great shape with no sign of any rust or repairs.. The chrome pieces that go around the roof gutter is in fair condition. The sunroof is not working and I will not bring the headliner down to see what the issue is.
I hope some folks will chime in, hoping someone will know how to fix this issue or what could be the real cause of this problem..

All the gauges work.

All the exterior lights work.

The one thing I noticed is the rear passengers front side wheel well and the bottom door were damaged from a small accident. Please see pictures of the wheel well and the undercarriage of the middle passenger rock slider for damages.. In my honest opinion, I believe after the 62 was repaired, the whole car was repainted because I dont see any imperfections in the paint on any corner or spot. I dont see any odd paint bubbles in the paint anywhere on the 62. Bottom of doors are rust free.

I have to be as honest as I can be with any damages on the body. I hate to hide the problems. See pictures..

About the dash, The top dash pad has been upholstered with a quiet thick gray vinyl. When I took the dash out I didn't see any signs of cracks under the top dash, it look liked a good solid piece.
The air ducts were cracked, I changed them.
I also replaced the center dash bezel, it had many cracks.
This is the one issue when the cars come from a very hot dry environment, over the years all the plastic gets stretched and bent and cracked. The same with the door cards rear cardboards. they are dried out and started to crack..
It has the factory radio but the cover has been broken. It will need a cover..

In my honest opinion. I didn't have the heart to pass on this girl.. This is my first 60 series I have imported. The reason I did it because she just simply beautiful.. The color combination is just so Awesome. It has low milage for her age. The body is like 99% cancer free.. Yes, it had a small accident but dont let that take away your attention from this beauty.. She has a solid undercarriage, and underbody. She drives super strong.

She is not a show car but she has plenty of potential. She gets good smiles from strangers ..

This girl is for someone who can put her past away and start a new future with her.. She will need a good loving TLC.

She is located in La Crescenta, California, 91214.

You are more than welcome to come by and inspect the 62 and test drive her.

I can take more videos and photos of certain spots you like to see.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can ask on the thread, PM
or call me direct at 818-281-2223

I can also help arrange for transport.

It has clean Montana title..

Asking $26,000 obo

Thank you..

20240106_140050.jpg

20240106_140058.jpg

20240106_140107.jpg

20240106_140115.jpg

20240106_140122.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread