Buying Advice-Cam Tower Leaks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a little buying advice...I have done a little research on the cam tower leaks. It appears they generally happen before the 100k mark. Should I be worried after the 100k mark? Are the leaks just inevitable? When fixed, not to happen again?

Thanks.

The leak in my Tundra began in the 30K range. Dealer fixed under warranty. It's now at 56K with no issues but hard to predict if it'll happen again. My LC is at 40K and no leak yet. I've read it's more common on the American assembled Tundra 5.7 then the Japanese assembled LC 5.7. Have no idea if there is any merit to this. It's around $2k to have it repaired at the dealer. I've never read about it happening again after repair but doubt anyone would guarantee it wouldn't as anything is possible.

Mine started leaking around 85k had it fixed at about 95k.

Mine has 88k and so far no leak, if it does start to leak I will deal with it. Its definitely not something that would prevent me from buying a 200. If you find one you like and its leaking just point it out and get a better price then have it fixed.

Had a tundra with the 5.7 and 85k miles, and my cruiser with 43k miles. Zero leaks or concerns on either one. I think this problem is a rarity and nothing to worry about at all.

Mine had it happen at 64,000mi. Dealer had it a couple days under warranty. Dry as a bone at 78,000 and hoping she stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom