Builds Buster Hotchpuddle - Can't stop, won't stop build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2MinutesTurkish

it was two minutes, five minutes ago...
Threads
Buster Hotchpuddle...yes...that's the name of my new to me 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. My kids name all our vehicles. My 2.5 year old and 4 year old daughters named him that on our first wheeling trip this past Valentines day. You can't make this stuff up. Our 2014 Tundra is named Pinkie Pie. It's silver.

I bought this rig off a former MUD member out of San Diego. It was love at first sight.
20141217_125345.jpg

He had his own build thread but we all know it never stops. I'll continue the work here.

And the current list of work:

Interior
-Custom cloth front seats
-Alpine touch screen / GPS
-6 speaker stereo system with amp
-Custom mounted 8" sub where
-OEM sub w/ amp
-JDM Dash cup holder
-Scan gauge
-CB w/ antenna
-WagonGear tailgate lid
-ARB dual compressor
-Window Tint
-dyna mat throughout
-insulated floorboards
-LED interior lights
-JDM hand throttle

Exterior
-HID headlights
-4 Rigid Dually LED flood lights
-Snorkle
-Aluminum Luvers in hood
-1" roger brown body lift
-345/75/16s - KM2 (5)
-10k engo winch
-LED tail lights
-Al's liner in Toyota Army Green

Armor
-ARB front bumper
-Iron pig skid plate
-4x4 Labs rear bumper with dual swing outs (tire carrier and 3 jerrycan holder)
-MetalTech sliders w/ accessory mount

Electrical
-Optima Dual Batteries (red and yellow)
-IMS smart battery system
-Slee wiring harness

Engine/Drivetrain
-TRD supercharger
-Rebuilt motor at 204k
-Jegs Oil seperator
-Wholesale transmission, extreme valvebody, extreme torque converter
-4.88 R&P
-Transmission lock up switch
-Double Cardan front DS
-JDM Aux Fan
-New Radiator
-New front axle spindles
-new theromostat
-new water pump

Suspension/steering/brakes
-4" King springs (Australia)
-Radflow 2.5" reseviour shocks
-Slee adjustable panhard front and back
-Slee adjustable upper rear control arms
-1" wheels spacers
-LandTank extended rear control arms
-4" extended brake SS brake lines
-Trailer brake controller

Be easy,

-Andrew

Then dropped all the armor to have it powder coated. I know a guy that does professional body work and powder coating...doing it for the cost of material plus beer.
20150215_131420.jpg
20150215_132556.jpg

Then it snowed....will delay us a few days.
20150216_091004.jpg

Nice buy. Nice Rig name by the kids too. That's the 80 that inspired my fender and quarter protection build. That 80 has some great mods. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I am guessing half or less than the guy had into it...

Nice buy. Nice Rig name by the kids too. That's the 80 that inspired my fender and quarter protection build. That 80 has some great mods. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I am guessing half or less than the guy had into it...
Hahaha its a ridiculous name but I've embraced it 100%. Mikes work on this truck in SoCal was absolutely fantastic. The quarter protection is genius. PMd you about price.

WAAAAAY less than half, right around 20% of what I had in it. This truck, my favorite toy, couldn't have gone to a better guy. I look forward to what you have in-store for it and the adventures you and your family will have.

AB - keep that metaltech bumper laying around, you'll be removing that arb monstrosity once it hinders you in tight places. I hated tube bumpers until my wheeling tendencies progressed and warranted a smaller bumper.

Mike

WAAAAAY less than half, right around 20% of what I had in it. This truck, my favorite toy, couldn't have gone to a better guy. I look forward to what you have in-store for it and the adventures you and your family will have.

AB - keep that metaltech bumper laying around, you'll be removing that arb monstrosity once it hinders you in tight places. I hated tube bumpers until my wheeling tendencies progressed and warranted a smaller bumper.

Mike
I unliked this so I could like it twice...

Congrats Turkish! Love the family involvement with the rig naming!

I drooled over that truck for months while it was on the classifieds after reading its entire build thread. I know how stoked you must be.

...gotta agree with Mike though...I cringed when I saw the addition of the ARB front...looks great though!! I also had to go with something that worked less like an obstacle magnet in tight wheeling...

Congrats again! Looking forward to more progress!

Got 3/4 of the armor back from the powder coater. Just waiting on the rear bumper and exoskeleton to be sand blasted and then done.

Also began repainting the wheels in graphite. The pictures don't do it justice....looks really good in the light and looking forward to seeing them against the freshly powdercoated armor.

U joints replaced
Alignment done

Ordered:
-new head unit
-slee panhard bushings
-new rotors
-new pads
-reman calipers
-front/mid weathertech digitalfit floor liners

Next up
-figure out a way to mount the CB, scangauge, ipad, IBS monitor, light and winch switches
-mount ARB dual air compressor
20150228_110216.jpg
20150220_054041.jpg

20150220_114508.jpg

Last edited:
Got 3/4 of the armor back from the powder coater. Just waiting on the rear bumper and exoskeleton to be sand blasted and then done.

Also began repainting the wheels in graphite. The pictures don't do it justice....looks really good in the light and looking forward to seeing them against the freshly powdercoated armor.

U joints replaced
Alignment done

Ordered:
-new head unit
-slee panhard bushings
-new rotors
-new pads
-reman calipers

Next up
-figure out a way to mount the CB, scangauge, ipad, IBS monitor, light and winch switches
-mount ARB dual air compressor View attachment 1038413 View attachment 1038416
View attachment 1038418

Exoskeleton for an 80's !? Who makes that and do you have pics?

U joints replaced
Alignment done

Ordered:
-new head unit
-slee panhard bushings
-new rotors
-new pads
-reman calipers

Next up
-mount ARB dual air compressor View attachment 1038413 View attachment 1038416
View attachment 1038418

Okay...just finally figured out that the re-painted wheel is not actually bolted back on in your last photo. I was thinking to myself, "did his axle shift horribly?!" Looked like the clearance to the body there had gone to zero.

Wheels look great, and so do all of the accessories! Back to its former glory!

Okay...just finally figured out that the re-painted wheel is not actually bolted back on in your last photo. I was thinking to myself, "did his axle shift horribly?!" Looked like the clearance to the body there had gone to zero.

Wheels look great, and so do all of the accessories! Back to its former glory!
hahaha. Yes I forgot to say that was just mocked up for a feel on how the graphite went with the green. The armor looks ready to be scarred up once again. :steer::beer:

Got all the armor back from my powder coater. Looks terrific. Cost me the powder and some :beer::beer::beer: and it looks terrific.
20150322_121009.jpg

installed a rear view camera. Thanks for sharing the idea @etarasoff.
20150322_120939.jpg

Then got to mocking up some cardboard for a rear quarter panel storage idea.
20150322_114804.jpg
20150322_120734.jpg
I plan on also adding a top door to access from the windows as well. Looks ridiculous but I think it has potential. Gonna hand it to my metal guy and see what he thinks.

My plan is to make no modification to the existing structure so that I can install my seats and side panel if necessary.

Oh also got my free Toyota badge.
20150322_093100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom