Burn Pit Article (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great link and story. As a reminder for those who are still in, don’t forget to register with the burn pit if you have been exposed to this type of environment and have not done so already. I still have to do it myself.

good reminder that i need to sign up for this. thanks.

I haven’t signed up either.

@Solace in Solitude
Excellent article. Hopefully they'll extend coverage to contractors who served in these s#!+ holes too. It's a shame that those who served in & out of uniform in these locations were knowingly exposed to these toxins. The practice is still ongoing too.

What's killing Staff Sergeant Wesley Black? The VA doesn't want to talk about it
What's killing Staff Sergeant Wesley Black? The VA doesn't want to talk about it
I was hired by a company to audit all of the hardware as a major Hospital in Seattle. I got to go to every single Department including the highly restrictive operating room Department. I saw a patient that was hacking and coughing and he said he got emphysema from burning stop in his burn pit in his yard. I'm thinking myself what an idiot. In this case burn pits in Iraq probably were not avoidable. And some of the veterans may have received emphysema

It wasn't avoidable. The one of the main roads on Balad AB would pass right next to the pit (back in the early 2000s at least).
The wind would blow the smoke over the living area more often that not.
It didn't smell great. My throat hurts just thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom