Bumper specs for a 92 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am found a bull bar/brush guard off of a 97 LC. The seller said that he heard that the mounting specs were different for the 97 compared to my 92. I have not had much luck finding any information. Can someone help me out? There are not any markings on the guard, all I know is that it came off of a 97 LC.

thanks,

Jrussell53

I don't believe there is any difference. I also have a 92, but the frame and mounting holes should match up.

Someone tell me I am wrong. I dare you.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but at least you'll get an answer.

I have a '92 as well and the ARB bumpers are for '91-97 but make sure you double check...

Stock '91/'92 bumper is 4" deep and a '97 LX bumper is 5-1/2" deep (U.S. spec). Not sure if '97 LC bumper is same depth-wise as LX.
But yes, mounting holes should line up. That said, if it fits the latter bumper, it should clear the earlier OEM bumper.
PS - you may already be aware of this but the "bull/brush guard" is typically known here on MUD as a "damage multiplier".

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies! Voorland80, I am new to the forum and this is my first LC. "Damage Multiplier" sounds bad, can you elaborate a little please?

Welcome to IH8mud.
"Damage multiplier" = more (unnecessary) damage to your 80 than without in the event of a fender bender.
Put in into search.
Also, have you looked into the links at the top of 80s Tech? Great place to start.

Thanks for all the help, I dont know the make or model of the one I was looking at, but I think I will hold off getting one until I can get an ARB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom