Building a Stock Cruiser for Alaska Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drove from Anchorage to Ogden Utah in a minivan, no problems, however it was in June. Almost did it in a FJ40 (crazy!!). As long as your Cruiser is mechanically sound, you should not have problems. Good tires. I planned my trip based on stops every three hours, I found that service stations are spaced that way. I still carried extra fuel, just in case. My route was via highway 1, then I-15 . I heard during winter lots of these service stations are closed. As spares I carried an extra belt, oil, gas, antifreeze, hoses, and a tool box with basic tools. May want to rig out a grill for your windshield (for small rocks and gravel).

I drove from Anchorage to Ogden Utah in a minivan, no problems, however it was in June. Almost did it in a FJ40 (crazy!!). As long as your Cruiser is mechanically sound, you should not have problems. Good tires. I planned my trip based on stops every three hours, I found that service stations are spaced that way. I still carried extra fuel, just in case. My route was via highway 1, then I-15 . I heard during winter lots of these service stations are closed. As spares I carried an extra belt, oil, gas, antifreeze, hoses, and a tool box with basic tools. May want to rig out a grill for your windshield (for small rocks and gravel).

This makes a lot of sense to me. I have never made that trip, but any road trip should have those essentials. Heck, I have 90% of those in DD vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom