Events/Trails Build Party (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
I am hosting a build party at my house and all are welcome. The loose plan is to assemble the rolling chassis and install the transmission and transfer case. This is mostly an excuse to get us together, turning wrenches is NOT required. Just hang out with us. Kids and spouses are welcome!

When: Saturday January 18, 2020 @ 11AM
Location: Message me here if you want to come and I'll share my address.
What to bring: Bring your own chairs! I could use a transmission jack if anybody has one.
Specifically we will...
  1. Hang the springs and axles
  2. Install the wheels/tires
  3. Install the flywheel, and clutch kit
  4. Mate the transmission/transfer case to the engine
I will provide appetizers/snacks, pizza, soda, juice, and tea.

Hi Tony I am planning on coming to your Buildparty on Saturday I do not have a transmission jack however I do have a heavy duty floor jack that I have used to put in a transmission before let me know if you'd like me to bring it or if there's something else I might have that you need

Hi Tony I am planning on coming to your Buildparty on Saturday I do not have a transmission jack however I do have a heavy duty floor jack that I have used to put in a transmission before let me know if you'd like me to bring it or if there's something else I might have that you need

Thanks John! It will be good to see you now that you aren't off hibernating for the winter. ;) I have a floorjack. Nothing special, but it does the job. I was hoping to get something with a wider platform to balance the transmission on and transfer case while installing them. We should be able to do it anyways, so don't worry about bringing the jack. Otherwise, just bring your self and a lawn chair. I have a space heater in my garage, but you'll want to dress warm at least to get started.

OK see you then I just used a wide board with some wedges to steady the transmission since the floor jack isn't really cradled to hold them A little sketchy but it held A little sketchy but it held him them

FYIW the last transmission jack I used was less stable than a regular floor jack with a flat board, ratchet straps and some 2X4 blocks.

FYIW the last transmission jack I used was less stable than a regular floor jack with a flat board, ratchet straps and some 2X4 blocks.

Thanks! You coming over on Saturday?

Thanks! You coming over on Saturday?
I will be honeydoing. The house is still under construction, just received a box of cabinet hardware today.

Got me tires mounted up. Stuff's gettin real! Anyone else planning on joining us?

So far I got John, Lee, and two fellas not from the club. Anyone else wanna come over and hang out?

1579149979581.png

How did things go? Sorry I was sidelined with family events yesterday, plus still battling this damn cold/sinus thing. Hell just playing around with a 3yr old for an hour yesterday wiped me, and half that time was sitting with her making sure she was eating... LOL

Anyone that gets this cold/sinus thing that is going around it is an absolute ass kicker. Been dealing with since Christmas Eve and still won't let go. Finally threw in the towel and went to the Dr.

It didn't go great from an assembly perspective, but we had a good time. We ran into some fitment issues between the spring pin diameters and the ubolt brackets and I didn't have the right tools (drill press) to address it. We spent about six hours in the garage and managed to turn wrenches on 12 bolts. :rofl:

Oh... and the general consensus is that my very expensive custom leaf springs are incorrect and probably not going to work. On the up side the shop that built them said they would make it right at no cost to me. Still, that is a major downer and and am trying hard not to fixate on it and just let it be what it is gonna be.

The only other club member who made it was @lelandEOD, THANKS for coming! A perspective club member came by, my (other) friend Ryan who is a master mechanic for Toyota and a regional technical director for the dealerships now. So that's handy! He is an OBS Ford guy, which is how we met and has a BUILT 85 Toyota truck crawler. @hairy_apple of Toyotally Awesome Cruisers came up from Grass Valley for the day too. It was great seeing you my friend, THANKS for making the trip over Cannibal Pass. He and managed to get a unique spotto while at Ace Hardware...

1579454638036.png

It was funny because we literally had just started talking about why we love Pigs when we spotted this beauty.

Last edited:
Anyone that gets this cold/sinus thing that is going around it is an absolute ass kicker. Been dealing with since Christmas Eve and still won't let go. Finally threw in the towel and went to the Dr.

Uh, this thing is no joke. Over a week now, and I'm still feeling like hell.

Yeah, not the most productive day, but at least we got to hang out and talk about cruisers and see a pig.

I'm going to get your plates drilled, cut/ground whatever I need to do to get through that hardened stuff. I didn't even think about that until I started trying to drill at home and it still wasn't going. THen I noticed the clear marks on the holes that were lead ins from plasma and went.. ohhhhhh crap. Worst case, I will use my plasma and open them up. I just don't want to destroy the powder coat if I can avoid it.

It didn't go great from an assembly perspective, but we had a good time. We ran into some fitment issues between the spring pin diameters and the ubolt brackets and I didn't have the right tools (drill press) to address it. We spent about six hours in the garage and managed to turn wrenches on 12 bolts. :rofl:

Oh... and the general consensus is that my very expensive custom leaf springs are incorrect and probably not going to work. On the up side the shop that built them said they would make it right at no cost to me. Still, that is a major downer and and am trying hard not to fixate on it and just let it be what it is gonna be.

The only other club member who made it was @lelandEOD, THANKS for coming! A perspective club member came by, my (other) friend Ryan who is a master mechanic for Toyota and a regional technical director for the dealerships now. So that's handy! He is an OBS Ford guy, which is how we met and has a BUILT 85 Toyota truck crawler. @hairy_apple of Toyotally Awesome Cruisers came up from Grass Valley for the day too. It was great seeing you my friend, THANKS for making the trip over Cannibal Pass. He and managed to get a unique spotto while at Ace Hardware...

View attachment 2187001

It was funny because we literally had just started talking about why we love Pigs when we spotted this beauty.

I recognize that Piggy! The guy behind the wheel is a HAM and volunteered to run emergency comms at the Tahoe Century Run. He's also the original owner.

Sounds like I missed a good time but I was at the Roadkill ZipTie drags in Tucson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom