Builds Build - 2019 LC200 Family 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

So I am planning a build and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts or advice or ‘hmm wouldn’t fit that I think this would be a better product’ etc

It’s going to be a family travel wagon, 2 adults, 2 young kids age 3/6
We won’t be doing savage off road mountain climbing but will be camping, like to be comfortable etc and I would like decent off road driving but won’t be rock climbing or bouncing etc

Wife wants to be able to use heavy electrical items like hair dryers etc from the 2nd battery. Also I may use a hand held AC from it in future, who knows....

Here’s the proposed build:
Accommodation: DONE
James Baroud Grand RAID RTT
Baroud Falcon 270 Awning with walls and tunnel for additional sleeping and contained eating/changing areas

Electrical:
Dual battery - group 31 and group 35
RedArc DCDC (BCDC1240D)
DCDC Smart Isolator (SBI)
Aux Battery Tray (Slee)
Electrical outlets 6 USBs,BlueSea Voltmeter, 2x12volt outlets (any need for 24v?)
110v outlet ? Any advice?
Inverter and custom box (1000 watts)
Solar blanket connector to recharge
Cell phone antenna for better signal/range
Switch pro 9100 - open to others?
Tailgate interior light - which do you suggest?
Towing - electrical - should I add any electrical for future towing of a trailer etc if they are doing all this work now it may be the time to do it?

Exterior:
Roof rack (can’t decide between Front Runner or Rhino Pioneer)
Roof rack accessories - wind fair?
Root rack front light bar- suggestions?
Roof rack scene lights - suggestions?
Roof rack rear work light - suggestions?
Aussie nudge bull bar with ARB Intensity spots x2
Undercarriage - need some protection for salt in winter and beach sand

Tires - BFG KO2 285/65/18
Wheels - I like the stock ones
Shocks/Springs - any need for upgrade with the weight I got? If so, Old Man Emu??
I was going to lift by 2”

Engine:
Air breather/Snorkel - Safari
On board air? ARB Twin Air Compressor
Manifold kit
ARB Deflator kit
ARB Compressor tray
Diff breathers -? Are they needed???

Storage:
I was looking at Trek Boxx for rear shelving, I want a fridge and pull out for prepping and cooking food on
Open to other suggestions?

Fridge? Suggestions, also size for above family
Is it ok to disconnect when not touring to allow more room for everyday use grocery shopping etc

Interior
Thinkware U1000 dash cam
Radar detector - open to suggestions
Tint - Cermic tint and infrared windscreen DONE

Last edited:
You'll definitely want to upgrade the suspension based on the weight you're adding (RTT, roof rack, front bumper, possible drawers). 200 suspension is pretty soft and you'll be sitting lower. Will it handle it, sure. But will you enjoy it and feel confident is where the issue lies,

@Eire32 - I'm planning some of the same enhancements as you (though not going quite as far in the near term, at least).

Roof rack, dual battery, and compressor are top of my list...the new rims/tires and probably suspension based on @afgman786 's comments.

Have you settled on a roof rack yet? I have a similar idea for rack lighting.

Hey guys,

So I am planning a build and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts or advice or ‘hmm wouldn’t fit that I think this would be a better product’ etc

We won’t be doing savage off road mountain climbing but will be camping, like to be comfortable etc and I would like decent off road driving but won’t be rock climbing or bouncing etc

Wife wants to be able to use heavy electrical items like hair dryers etc from the 2nd battery. Also I may use a hand held AC from it in future, who knows....

Baroud Falcon 270 Awning with walls and tunnel for additional sleeping and contained eating/changing areas

Electrical:
RedArc DCDC (BCDC1240D)
Aux Battery Tray (Slee)
Electrical outlets 6 USBs,BlueSea Voltmeter, 2x12volt outlets (any need for 24v?)
Towing - electrical - should I add any electrical for future towing of a trailer etc if they are doing all this work now it may be the time to do it?

Exterior:

Shocks/Springs - any need for upgrade with the weight I got? If so, Old Man Emu??

Engine:
Manifold kit
ARB Deflator kit
ARB Compressor tray

Storage:
I was looking at Trek Boxx for rear shelving, I want a fridge and pull out for prepping and cooking food on

Is it ok to disconnect when not touring to allow more room for everyday use grocery shopping etc

Interior
Thinkware U1000 dash cam

Looking at Front Runner Slimline and Dissent OffRoad roof racks

Hey guys,

Electrical:
RedArc DCDC (BCDC1240D)
Aux Battery Tray (Slee)

Exterior:

Engine:
Manifold kit
ARB Deflator kit
ARB Compressor tray

Storage:

Interior
Thinkware U1000 dash cam

I just looked at the TrekBoxx site. Nice stuff, but DANG $$$$$$. Are the ARB drawers that expensive?

I just looked at the TrekBoxx site. Nice stuff, but DANG $$$$$$. Are the ARB drawers that expensive?
I think both comparable prices although I didn’t get that far into it. The worry becomes the loss of space and with wife and kids if the trunk area is full with refrigerator and trek box, then there is no room for clothing etc etc

so rethinking and may do minimal changes and get a trailer instead, if you ever want to sell the upgrades then just disconnect the trailor and sell it lol

I think both comparable prices although I didn’t get that far into it. The worry becomes the loss of space and with wife and kids if the trunk area is full with refrigerator and trek box, then there is no room for clothing etc etc

so rethinking and may do minimal changes and get a trailer instead, if you ever want to sell the upgrades then just disconnect the trailor and sell it lol
Trailer is more flexible, but also a PITA to park, manage, license, etc. Why not put your luggage on the roof rack? Do you take bicycles too? I'm currently looking for a 2-bike rack that will work well with the rear door.

Looks like the ARB Outback 2-drawer setup starts around $800. Much more reasonable for me.

Trailer is more flexible, but also a PITA to park, manage, license, etc. Why not put your luggage on the roof rack? Do you take bicycles too? I'm currently looking for a 2-bike rack that will work well with the rear door.

because the Baroud XXL is on the roof it’ll occupy the entire roof rack

I used a Thule, holds two bikes, but a hitch version can hold even more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom