Bug Deflector for LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i can"t seem to find one there in internet land. Just for the cruiser from what i see. The hood is different on my LX is it not ? Any ideas ?

did you mean something like this?

Last edited:
Wonder why Lexus didn't continue the ends of it around the fenders a little (like the LC version) :confused:

Last edited:
I found this for a LX470. I have a WeatherTech bug shield on my Tacoma that has kept it from picking up gravel chips. It diverts air up away from the windshield so small flying objects keep flying.

1600827246640.png

Would be nice to make one for a Cruiser fit the LX.

1600827334464.png

I received the OMAC deflector. It looks to be of decent quality. I would like to install it in warmer weather. I can't complain about $89.90 shipped.

I will be following the pictures instead of the installation text. ;)

1609334816147.png

I received the OMAC deflector. It looks to be of decent quality. I would like to install it in warmer weather. I can't complain about $89.90 shipped.

I will be following the pictures instead of the installation text. ;)

View attachment 2539181
How is the quality and ease of installation. How is it holding up

How is the quality and ease of installation. How is it holding up

So far so good. I hear the eBay sold versions come with instructions in English.

1620563334079.png

For those who are looking for English instructions:

Attachments

• Deflector Instruictions.pdf
    537.4 KB · Views: 76
I would put this on my car but every single one of these hood and sunroof deflectors ive removed at work always leaves a lot of damage where it mounts on the body of the vehicle.

I would put this on my car but every single one of these hood and sunroof deflectors ive removed at work always leaves a lot of damage where it mounts on the body of the vehicle.
They actually provide clear plastic stickers where the mounting tabs go!

UPDATE: For anyone buying a bug guard/deflector from this company, this model, be aware of a slight issue with the deflector. The very center of the deflector has a slight raised up bow in it. It’s not a lot, but it is noticeable. As such the company has modified the installation to include four velcro 3M pieces to tape to the center area in an effort to hold down the center better; it does not work as well as they intended it should. After two weeks of back and forth emails, trying to have the company do an exchange, they finally offered me a 50% refund, which I accepted after much thought.

I really like the deflector as it's well built and looks good. I believe it will help to add some protection across the front line of the hood and possibly help to deflect debris. It gives a visual contrast to the otherwise tapered down look of the hood, and looks good, to my wife and I. The deformity, defect, raised up center, whatever one would call it, is minimal, albeit noticeable, but not enough to do without the deflector. I figured that since they updated the install and instructions, and included the velcro, they very well are aware of the issue, so replacing it with another one would only bring the same issue to my garage. So, I accepted the partial refund of $57. My choice and it’s nice to have one.
IMG_6392D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom