Hood Bug Deflector for LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a Hood Bug Deflector for my 2000 LC. They don't seem to be available OEM anymore, and as far as I can tell there isn't an aftermarket option. Anyone have a lead on one of these, or a recommendation?

I google your year and came up with a few alternatives. AutoZone has one for $66. Try your local autozone to verify it fits.

Do you have stock bumper or aftermarket? I run these bug nets and they work well
>>Amazon product ASIN B000CQ039K
Although they appear to be out of stock on amazon, idk

1684159112885-png.3323455

Many thanks. Indeed, looks like AVS has/makes one. The install guidance says to drill holes into the hood for self tapping screws. Hoping there is an alternative to make some new holes in the deflector to line up with existing hardware from my OEM deflector.

Many thanks. Indeed, looks like AVS has/makes one. The install guidance says to drill holes into the hood for self tapping screws. Hoping there is an alternative to make some new holes in the deflector to line up with existing hardware from my OEM deflector.
I got an AVS deflector and installed it a couple weeks back. Didn't use screws, just the 3m tape included, and installed so that the stock rubber liner is holding it in as well. That holds it firmly enough that I didn't feel the need to drill holes.

I’m pretty sure I bought mine from rock auto, I can’t seem to find it with the look up but it looks like they have all their AVS in closeout so if you find a part number there might be a deal.

Would love to find the OEM one here in U.S. Doesn't appear NewTownToyota will ship from Australia. Ha!

I also got the AVS Bugflector II. $75.06 from Realtruck.com I did put a couple of their self tapping screws along with the provided tape and tucked it into the rubber seal like War Rig mentioned above. I've been very happy with it. Way less bugs on the windshield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom