BudBuilt Group Buy (Closed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ty240

SILVER Star
Threads
The group buy is officially closed. For those on the list, please make sure to follow through with the order. Look out for a pm with a discount code. You may also call Rob direct and reference your username to place an order with the discount. You only have 1 week to make payment!

Thanks for your participation and Happy New Year!

Latest Update: The group buy will end on Jan 4, 2021, Monday morning at 10am PST. Payment will be required within a week of close by ordering directly on the website or by calling Rob direct. The discount code will be provided directly to you via pm.

Update: Looks like we hit the minimum threshold for the maximum discount of 25% and the ability for all buyers moving forward (after #10) to purchase a combination of partial skids and/or shock guards, with an option of sliders. Thanks everybody!

Original Post below:

For those that have been on the fence or wanting to upgrade, BudBuilt has generously decided to offer a group buy on skids (and sliders/shock guards if purchased together).

The group buy will last two weeks. There are a few stipulations and price breaks depending on number of interested parties due to manufacturing logistics and very slim margins, particularly on sliders.

-For a 15% discount, there will need to be 6 buyers of full skid plates, front to fuel tank.

-For a 20% discount, the minimum buyers of full skids required ups to 10.

-For 25%, buyers 1-10 need to purchase full skids, front to fuel tank, while buyers 10-14+ can purchase a mix (for example the front and engine, or the transfer case skid and crossmember with some shock guards).

-Sliders can be added to any order as long as the minimum number of buyers of 6 full skids is met. The discount for sliders is $100 for powder coated or $300 for non powder coated. Since powder coating is done off site, bud built would prefer not powder coating due to the extra handling and expense they incur. Rock rails do not have any additional discount.

-Shock guards can be added to any order as long as the minimum number of buyers of 6 full skids is met. The discount is the same % discount as skids.

-The group buy will last two weeks.

Some notes to keep in mind:

-All full skid discounts stack on top of the already offered 15% discount for purchasing full skids on the website!

-Skid materials can be mixed and matched.

-Every purchase must include skids, with sliders and shock guards as options.

-Lead times are indicated on the website.

-“Full skids” denotes 5 pieces, front to back, including the fuel tank skid. You’d still get the full group buy discount if purchasing an incomplete set, but only if we hit 11+ buyers.

-The group buy applies only to 200/201 series Cruisers.

-Most important, this is a live group buy and was offered to maintain production through the slower holiday period. Please follow through with the purchase if you commit to the group buy.

Please reply with which skid plates and materials, and if you would like to include sliders (pc or bare) and shock guards.

Buyers 1-6 (full skids):
1. ty240, full skids (material tbd), sliders (bare)
2. tabraha, full skids (al)
3. RobW0, full skids (al/ss)
4. JZelnick, full skids, shock guards (stainless)
5. DesmoPilot, full skids (al), shock guards (stainless)
6. iijchenii, full skids (material tbd)

Buyers 7-10 (full skids):
7. Leelanau, full skids (al), shock guards, sliders (PC)
8. USMCVader, full skids (ss)
9. wiseinvestor, full skids (ss/al)
10. 25LGT, full skids (steel)

Buyers 11-14+ (full skids or partial skids/shock guards)
11. FerzLC, full skids (al)
12. Lester did that, partial skids, shock guards
13. EpicBoy78, full skids (steel)
14. sagebrush200, full skids (al), sliders (PC)
15. TheGrrrrr, full skids (al)
16. 4wheelgreg, full skids (ss), sliders (PC)
17. M3TT, full skids (material tbd)
18. unclemat, full skids (al)
19. 60/40GUY, full skids (lite steel)
20. vmfire, full skids (mixed), shock guards (stainless)
21. TN LX570, full skids (steel)
22. TheIcemanCometh, full skids (material TBD)
23. nolamule, full/partial skids (al)
24. ATwoZ, full/partial skids (material TBD)
25. PIPA, full/partial skids (material TBD), sliders
26. Norcal470, full skids (al), sliders (bare)
27. ocLC200, full skids (al/ss), shock guards, sliders (PC)
28. ayebeeeceee, full skids (al)
29. goldwater58, full skids (al/ss), shock guards
30. re500, full skids (al), sliders
31. nextcarr, full skids (al, ss)
32. 40man, full skids (al), sliders
33. NYC570, full skids (al), shock guards
34. LC200Mods, full skids (al), shock guards
35. mdkaboom, full skids (al), shock guards
36. LCT, full skids (material TBD), shock guards
37. 1 4C Ice, full skids (ss), shock guards (ss)
38. Wisluggo, full skids (al), shock guards (ss), sliders TBD
39. LittleBurroAZ, full skids (al), shock guards (ss)
40. NotSure, full skids (material TBD)
41. TNcamp, front and engine skid (al)

Thanks everybody!

Last edited:
So 30% off full skids if we make it to 6 buyers, and up to 40% off if we hit 11 buyers?

If my understanding is correct put me down for a full set of skids in Aluminum.

Last edited:
I am in on full skids. Stainless Steel, no PC. No sliders.

Last edited:
Okay, so, if I'm putting together the "cheapskate" package:

• A full set of skid plates in the cheapest configuration (bare metal steel / light steel) is $1,100.75 with the 15% set discount
  • With an additional 15% off, $935.65
  • Add in either of the sliders for $1,099 discounted, non powder coated
So I'm at $2,034.65 with the sliders at a minimum, or for true cheapos $$1,459.65 with the discounted plates + rock rails. Any chance the rails are getting discounted too?

Okay, so, if I'm putting together the "cheapskate" package:

• A full set of skid plates in the cheapest configuration (bare metal steel / light steel) is $1,100.75 with the 15% set discount
  • With an additional 15% off, $935.65
  • Add in either of the sliders for $1,099 discounted, non powder coated
So I'm at $2,034.65 with the sliders at a minimum, or for true cheapos $$1,459.65 with the discounted plates + rock rails. Any chance the rails are getting discounted too?

Does the discount work on: ROCK ARMOR - STAGE 3 | 2008-2021 LAND CRUISER AND LX570 ?

For bare steel: 1,199.00 - 15% - 15% = $866. (shipping another $200)

I would be interested if it works on the stage 3 deal. I was just looking at the ARB kit (3mm steel) for $595 Shipped. I rather get the Bud Skid since its much beefer.

So 30% off full skids if we make it to 6 buyers, and up to 40% off if we hit 11 buyers?

@ty240 - Could you please clarify the offer?

On Budbuilt's website I noticed a few changes. They stopped offering the Stages for the skids and now offer a discount when purchasing the set:

"Take 15% off when you buy the Front, Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, and Fuel skid plates. If you order Shock Armor at the same time, you will also get 15% off that item. "

Is the group buy discount (15-25% depending on # of buyers) in addition to this package discount (15%)? If that is the case, I am in for a full set of skids and shock guards.

@ty240 - Could you please clarify the offer?

On Budbuilt's website I noticed a few changes. They stopped offering the Stages for the skids and now offer a discount when purchasing the set:

"Take 15% off when you buy the Front, Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, and Fuel skid plates. If you order Shock Armor at the same time, you will also get 15% off that item. "

Is the group buy discount (15-25% depending on # of buyers) in addition to this package discount (15%)? If that is the case, I am in for a full set of skids and shock guards.

A few notes to keep in mind:

-All full skid discounts stack on top of the already offered 15% discount for purchasing full skids on the website!

I might be interested. I was planning on arb skids but they’re sold out everywhere for an undetermined amount of time.

if someone in the know would list the price of the cheapest steel option with the discount?

Thanks @Ratchey - I missed that!

I'm in - full set of skids and shock guards. All in stainless steel bare metal.

For those that have been on the fence or wanting to upgrade, BudBuilt has generously decided to offer a group buy on skids (and sliders/shock guards if purchased together).

The group buy will last two weeks. There are a few stipulations and price breaks depending on number of interested parties due to manufacturing logistics and very slim margins, particularly on sliders.

Please reply with which skid plates and materials, and if you would like to include sliders (pc or bare) and shock guards.

Buyers 1-6 (full skids):
1. ty240, full skids (undecided on material at the moment), non pc sliders

Buyers 7-10 (full skids):

Buyers 11-14+ (full skids or partial skids/shock guards)

Thanks everybody!

Make sure you post this in the Group Buy section to get more traction

I'm in for full set of Aluminum skids sanded and prepped for paint. As well as stainless rear shock guards.

I may be in for stage 2 overland protection. Can't decide on 1/8 or 1/4. Would also get shock guards. Please follow up with me when a decision needs to be made.

After seeing the clarification asked for earlier, I may be in for either a Stage 3 3/16 steel or Aluminum (still sorting out my thinking on weight and usage), prepped for paint because I hate sanding.

I would be in for everything except the gas tank plate. Shock guards yes.

I will mix up the materials. Is this going to be a problem for Rob? Seems like there is some interest but will it mess with production if everyone is ordering the same but different?

If enough people do pull the trigger do we just contact him ourselves with some sort of code. This is a dumb question but can someone who is not on this forum be included in this deal. My buddy has a taco and he might be interested.

I just got my sliders this past saturday. He told me expect them mid-end of January 2021. No complaints for an early delivery.

I also mixed up the materials on mine. this is not my main off-road vehicle compared to my 4R. On it, it's full stainless, on the Cruiser it's a mix of Al and stainless to keep some of the weight down. I of course can not speak for them but usually mixing up materials is not issue just like it's not if you order on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom