BT45 in an LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The BT is excellent. Been running it for a year now without any issues. There's only been a couple times where it got hung up, and simply turning off my stereo and turning it off fixed it. I have an '02 LX with NAV, and i was NOT able to get it to display the track info while also keeping the functionality for calls and stuff. I drive with the screen off anyway, but thought i'd mention that it's not perfect, but it handles audio and call quality near perfectly.

I wonder if that's a difference in interfaces between years..?

My 2003 has never had a glitch with the BT-45 and I'm going on 4 years of use. Shows the song title and artist for every song. Just gets hung up on special characters in the titles lol

Maybe. I played around with just about every combination before just giving up on it. While these trucks are built to last, I don't want to deal with a burned out head unit screen in the future, so i'm fine keeping it off anyway. I think whenever mine gets hung up it's my phone's fault rather than the BT-45. Really a solid unit for what you pay. The phone/voice audio quality is better than my wife's '16 RX350

Last edited:
My BT-45 stopped working about 6 months ago. I’ve had it for roughly 2 years. Could be the Florida heat, but it only plays garbled sound now.

My BT-45 stopped working about 6 months ago. I’ve had it for roughly 2 years. Could be the Florida heat, but it only plays garbled sound now.

You've probably already done this, but i would go through and double check none of the connections got knocked loose

You've probably already done this, but i would go through and double check none of the connections got knocked loose
Appreciate the advice, but you are correct, that is the first item I checked. Also have a 2002 LX and the support team was never able to get track/artist info with that gen of head unit.

Anyone have a link to an install video?

I just got my BT in the mail but don't want to just start ripping things out.

Anyone have a link to an install video?

I just got my BT in the mail but don't want to just start ripping things out.
I used the trail tailor media mount install as a basis for opening up the console. Then I stuffed the bt45 in the tape deck since I removed it for the mount. It’s a good 1-2 punch upgrade and I love the media mount. So useful. Bt45 is also great. Huge improvement on the previous system. It’s all we really need. I stuffed the mic and the charger in the tape deck as well.

FCD1D9AB-9948-4417-84FF-87C4FF6BC825.jpeg

Where did you guys have the bt45 toy unit placed? I'm trying to get it to fit behind the glove box but struggling. Need to move the car around so I can access the passenger door.

Where did you guys have the bt45 toy unit placed? I'm trying to get it to fit behind the glove box but struggling. Need to move the car around so I can access the passenger door.

I ended up putting mine on top of the drivers side air vent (next to the center screen). There was enough space and it's wedged in pretty well. I've been on some trails since and no rattling.

I ended up putting mine on top of the drivers side air vent (next to the center screen). There was enough space and it's wedged in pretty well. I've been on some trails since and no rattling.
That is where I placed mine too. Mounted with Velcro. Also makes getting to it in the future easy because I only have to remove one panel.

full

Just wanted to check in with you guys on this old thread. Has anyone's BT45 stopped working or gone kaput? If so, how long has it been installed? Thanks!

I keep going back and forth on whether to buy this (it's roughtly $150 in 2023) or teh $500 VT2 from grom.

There's also the Crux BTS-YT2 that only does music streaming, which is all I want, but it totally replaced the CD changer, which I don't really want to do. Decisions decisions.

Just wanted to check in with you guys on this old thread. Has anyone's BT45 stopped working or gone kaput? If so, how long has it been installed? Thanks!

I keep going back and forth on whether to buy this (it's roughtly $150 in 2023) or teh $500 VT2 from grom.

There's also the Crux BTS-YT2 that only does music streaming, which is all I want, but it totally replaced the CD changer, which I don't really want to do. Decisions decisions.
Mine just crapped out. I installed it 6 yrs ago. I get no power from it anymore, etc. I have had my dash torn apart for two weeks waiting on USASPEC to respond with what to do next. Currently the BT45-TOY units are “out of stock”. I hope they honor an exchange, but it’s not likely. Though, I will say that it has been a great unit for the time I had it installed and functioning… no frills, just a Bluetooth interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom