BT45-TOY Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all -

About 6 weeks ago I installed a BT45-TOY Bluetooth adapter in my '04 LX470, it worked beautifully. Yesterday I noticed that now when I'm playing any audio through the bluetooth connection there is static / crackling / electronic whine from the passengers side speakers. When I stop streaming audio, or switch to a different input (like FM), there is no unwanted noise. It would seem to be a problem with the BT45-TOY.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any possible solutions? Could my adapter have gone bad that quickly?!?

-Nick

I haven't had that particular issue with my BT45-TOY, but I would try to disconnect the plug from the BT45-TOY and reseat the plug. Then I would also disconnect and forget the device in your phone's bluetooth settings then reconnect bluetooth and see if that helps.

Hey all -

About 6 weeks ago I installed a BT45-TOY Bluetooth adapter in my '04 LX470, it worked beautifully. Yesterday I noticed that now when I'm playing any audio through the bluetooth connection there is static / crackling / electronic whine from the passengers side speakers. When I stop streaming audio, or switch to a different input (like FM), there is no unwanted noise. It would seem to be a problem with the BT45-TOY.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any possible solutions? Could my adapter have gone bad that quickly?!?

-Nick

I got a dead-on-arrival unit from Amazon years ago for a little cheaper than Crutchfield. I sent it back and ordered through Crutchfield with the warranty. So yes, they can be bad even faster than 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom