BT45 in an LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to add the BT45 Bluetooth in my 06 LX. Have read up on many threads but can't seem to find an answer. How does the BT45 effect the factory Bluetooth calling? Does it take its place? Just add audio and still rely on factory BT for phone?

Assuming it replaces factory, can I use factory mic? Or run new mic provided?

Everyone still satisfied with the system? Thought about the new Grom VLine but was turned off by the constant need for internet connection. Anything else besides BT45 that does simple Bluetooth music and calls better/cheaper?

Thanks!

Looking to add the BT45 Bluetooth in my 06 LX. Have read up on many threads but can't seem to find an answer. How does the BT45 effect the factory Bluetooth calling? Does it take its place? Just add audio and still rely on factory BT for phone?

Assuming it replaces factory, can I use factory mic? Or run new mic provided?

Everyone still satisfied with the system? Thought about the new Grom VLine but was turned off by the constant need for internet connection. Anything else besides BT45 that does simple Bluetooth music and calls better/cheaper?

Thanks!

I have this in my 2003 LX. I used the replacement microphone when I installed mine so I'm not sure if the stock one can be used or not. I would assume no...? The bluetooth calling is done with the Seek up button to answer calls and the seek down button to hang up.

I have had no issues with mine. Very reliable bluetooth connection, connects automatically and haven't had any audio dropouts.

My experience with this setup mimics Hokie. Factory Bluetooth is not used at all. Telephone calls are crisp and clear, music sounds CD quality. Minor observation is that music volume is much higher than call volume, need to adjust between modes.

2007 LC with Nav. Bringing BT45 Toy through the SAT settings. Factory head unit thinks its a SAT channel. Easy to install, easy to set up. Putting one in my wife's RX 350 soon.

Anything else besides BT45 that does simple Bluetooth music and calls better/cheaper?

I currently have the Vaistech SL3B in my 06 LX. It works fine, and does not interfere with the factory bluetooth calls.

SL3b-L | VAIS Technology

(It seems to be about the same price as the BT45)​

GROM has some boxes other than the V-Line that appear to cost less that the BT45/SL3B

Compare GROM Car Audio Integration Kits

(I've seen posts on mud but have no direct experience with these)​

I installed BT45 on 06 LX over thanksgiving. I keep my phone on a vent mount and I use factory Bluetooth for calls. I sometimes have to select the car as the audio source on the phone, however. Only issue I've encountered is starting a car while on a call, phone connects to 2 Bluetooth sources (car & BT45) and I lose audio for about 6 seconds. Not a big deal.

I have the BT45 TOY installed in my '06 LX470 for media only. My phone connects separately to the unit (BT45 TOY) and to the hands-free factory unit. When connected it says "media only" in bluetooth settings on phone. It works well and it was relatively cheap on eBay ($85).

Why do you use the factory Bluetooth system for phone?

Why not unpair it an use the BT45?

Thanks for the comments guys. For the folks that use the BT for both media and Bluetooth, is there a setting to turn off factory Bluetooth in the truck? Or just have your phone forget it and leave factory on?

You can just remove you phone from the list in the factory system, and it will stop connecting to your phone.

You can also set the phone to "forget" the "Hands Free" connection.

Then your phone will only connect to the BT45.

My question was, is their any advantage to using the factory system for the phone?

For me I didn't want to have to route a microphone from behind the dash. Using BT45 for music streaming only.

Well, that's a good reason. I already have the mic set up, so I guess there is no reason to use both.

Why do you use the factory Bluetooth system for phone?

Why not unpair it an use the BT45?
Exactly my reason as well, no need for an extraneous mic.

Old thread but relevant to a new issue, for me at least. Got the BT45 installed today in my 06 LX. Good news is music streaming via SAT is clear, as are calls using the BT45 mic, also via SAT. Bad news #1 is audio has to be in SAT to send and receive calls. If I place a call or a call comes in and the audio is in any other input setting, the call connects but with no volume. BT45 manual says it should auto-switch inputs in this case except with Delphi radios; my understanding was no US LX has a Delphi radio. Anyone know if this is true? Bad news #2 is that the 7.5mm Aux connection doesn’t work. USA Spec tech support hasn’t seen this before and suspects the unit may be defective. Any insights here? Last, bad news #3 is song title, etc doesn’t come through on the screen as planned. Not an issue really but wondering why things aren’t working. Botched install? Bad BT45 unit? Thanks!

Old thread but relevant to a new issue, for me at least. Got the BT45 installed today in my 06 LX. Good news is music streaming via SAT is clear, as are calls using the BT45 mic, also via SAT. Bad news #1 is audio has to be in SAT to send and receive calls. If I place a call or a call comes in and the audio is in any other input setting, the call connects but with no volume. BT45 manual says it should auto-switch inputs in this case except with Delphi radios; my understanding was no US LX has a Delphi radio. Anyone know if this is true? Bad news #2 is that the 7.5mm Aux connection doesn’t work. USA Spec tech support hasn’t seen this before and suspects the unit may be defective. Any insights here? Last, bad news #3 is song title, etc doesn’t come through on the screen as planned. Not an issue really but wondering why things aren’t working. Botched install? Bad BT45 unit? Thanks!

Installed BT45 in my '07 LX and dip switches set to CD player are the only ones that seem to work. When on SAT nothing happens. Not the end of the world, I love the streaming sound quaily...just need to keep it mounted in a place where I can flip the dips to give me back the CD player from time to time. I did notice that while installing and setting DIP switches, there was a brief moment where streaming came through SAT ... but SAT audio was also playing at the same time. Arg.

Is there a detailed guide on how and where to install this? I have seen people pair them with the owl expedition media mount and put it in the tape deck.

Is BT45 still the best option for streaming music in 2020? That is really all I'm looking to be able to do on my 06 LX and don't really trust the reliability of the Tesla upgrade.

i got a roav on amazon it works well

I also got a Roav (plug into 12v in center console, tune to unused radio frequency) for $30 on Amazon and it works great. Wish I would have gone that route to begin with - neither I nor a reputable local car audio shop could ever get the BT-TOY to work consistently. Only gripe about the Roav is it can’t connect to multiple devices at once.

I have the Roav but the connection is not great. I think it's being in a big market where there are radio stations on just about every point on the dial.

I have the BT in the mail and can't wait to install it and "hopefully" have a better listening experience than I do right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom