Broken Rubber on Exhaust Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3.JPG
4.JPG
After a pounding trip 50 mile back country excursion my exhaust made the most wretched squeal whenever I hit a bump and had a robust rattle while in D at a stop. After a short investigation it appeared that I had broken off the rear exhaust mount.

The rubber piece was completely ripped out of the rear exhaust mount. I found the rubber piece's part number, picked up from my local dealership and attempted to put it on. I had had to remove the L bracket from the frame to attach it to both the exhaust pipe and the bracket b/c the exhaust seems to be pulled forward.

Once i got the rubber piece attached to both L bracket and pipe I literally had to sit on my ass and pull the exhaust pipe as hard as I could toward the rear of the car to get it to line up. Once I got it lined up and a couple bolts through the L bracket and frame, the rubber piece as you would imagine is severely stretched and will likely have a short life before I'm dealing with this again.

What could cause my exhaust to be off so far from the mounts? Solutions?

It's a tight area and pics are hard to show how stretched this rubber is when attached to both exhaust and frame.
4.JPG

Last edited:
I have this same issue. Any suggestions on bending the exhaust back into shape? I'm temped to try ratchet straps, needle jack, BFH, etc.

I've broken all my exhausts mounts also, if someone has a solution please chime in

I have this same issue. Any suggestions on bending the exhaust back into shape? I'm temped to try ratchet straps, needle jack, BFH, etc.
One or all of those will probably work, you just have to bend it back more or less to where it was before.

Stock exhaust can get snagged and bent pretty easy. Have seen it happen a lot. The resonator is a really good anchor to hang up on. Ratchet strap or come along can help. Check the other 2 hangers if one is damaged.

This happened to me when I backed into a rock. Sheered all three rubber mounts. I also had a "robust rattle" that turned out to be the muffler hitting the drive line.

The solution was to grab ahold of the resonator and pull on it with a come-along. I used two straps, one on each side of the resonator for an even/straight pull.

If one mount breaks the other two are not far behind. They are cheap so replace them all at the same time.

FWIW I used some of those really thick zip ties that are like 2ft long and used that to strap each mount because I broke all three backing up on a rock and into the resonator.

This will be a fun one

Bought all new mounts oem after ripping them all wheeling. I had to bend and pry to get them to line up again. No biggie.

Mine got snagged. I believe I'm going to get it re-ran and change that huge resonator out with a smaller muffler. Thoughts? My rubber held up and actually bent my mount. Exhaust now sags and hits the drive shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom