Broke down in Alburqueque Oct 13/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend is in the process of driving his HJ75 troop carrier with 1hz/h55f home from Nicaragua to Canada. He drove through Mexico and then flew home while his wife and friend took over for the rest of the USA portion of the trip. Unfortunately it has broke down in Albuquerque today on his wife. She says it was making a funny noise in 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gears and once she stopped it would not come out of gear. She had towed it to a hotel where they are staying until they can find a shop after the weekend or any local cruiser people to help out. She is not knowledgeable with vehicles and my friend is trying to find the best place to have it worked on. If there is anybody local with info or who can help out please let me know.

I realize lots of cruiser people are at the southwest cruiser crawl this weekend so might not be anybody around.

The truck
IMG_3034.jpg

There are several places you can start but a call to Georg at Valley Hybrids might yield a contact or two in that vicinity and some advice.

These transmission's aren't that complex. Any decent older transmission shop should be able to get it figured out pretty quick.

There are lots of guys in Albuquerque.
NM- High Desert Cruisers
I would recommend posting here, and someone should get to you. They are a pretty active bunch,
I was there in June.
That being said, I would also recommend Georg

I'm cross posting this to HDC. Hopefully, we can help.

Last edited:
OK, I've sent out feelers. One suggestion is Walt at Tactical Application Vehicles. They are not far from I-40 off Eubank. Website Home. Problem is tomorrow is Sunday.

We’re you able to link up with someone here in town?

We’re you able to link up with someone here in town?
I am not sure whats going on at this point. I tried texting him today and have not heard back. I'll update as soon as I hear something. Thanks everybody

@Malahki ,First check the bushing under the shift lever. When they wear, the the shifter sticks. Simple low dollar check.
@beno will know what part number that is. You can pop it out and change it with your fingers
I support this suggestion.

The seat is probably 33505-60020 which is a non-US part unfortunately.

It includes the blue seat as well as a black spacer below it.

What I would do is get 33505-60011 (which is available from Toyota here) from American Toyota on Alameda and I-25 -- talk to any of the front counter guys and tell them I sent you.

You can take the old one out, separate the upper portion (blue) from the lower portion (black). Then get the new 33505-60011 glue them together and reinstall. Would probably work in a pinch until you could get the new, correct part. I don't have any in stock right now though have a few on the way from backorder.

Hey everybody, just want to say thank you for all the offers to help and the pm's I received. I apologize for my slow response times as Ive been working 14 hour days since posting this. Meanwhile somebody has hauled the cruiser to Utah for my friend, where it was determined the trans is shot (not sure the details). Sounds like his wife will be hauling it the rest of the way home from there.....
Once he gets it home he wont be so rushed to source a replacement trans and able to do the work himself. I will update the final outcome once I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom