Brake Problems... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wakeup.to
Okay, one of my bleeder valves will not come loose. When I got the rear axle, that one was stripped out. So far, Ive tried PB Blaster, Heat Gun, WD-40, Vise-Grips, and even a small pipe wrench with no luck...

Any ideas?

Also, is there a special pattern you have to bleed them by? One my friends was saying there was... I dont even know...

HEAT!

Be careful to not get too much to the cylinder, but you are going to have to get that screw HOT, in order to make it move. Vice grip, and heat!

Good luck!

-Steve

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=8373;start=msg70924#msg70924 date=1070504368]
HEAT!

Be careful to not get too much to the cylinder, but you are going to have to get that screw HOT, in order to make it move. Vice grip, and heat!

Good luck!

-Steve
[/quote]

And he ain't talking about no heat gun either, torch time.

The hex-head of the bleeder valve's corners are totally rounded. Un fact, so rounded, you cant even tell it ever had sides on it...

I was rummaging through my friend's tool cabinet and found a working propane torch, still in the box. Will that work?

After having rebuilt the wheel cylinders, I think Im going to take the extra measure of removing the cup, seal, and spring to get that bleeder valve out. Last thing I want to do, is melt the rubber... LOL

Excellent idea about removing the rubber parts. Yes, put the heat to it good, after the rubber pieces are out, and clamp a vise grip on there, and it should back out for you.

Good luck!

-Steve

Is this for that damn patrol???? :D

Well... the FJ-40 rear is on my Patrol... ;)

Many Patrols met their fate due to the rear ring and pinion gears in the stock rear diff wearing prematurely... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom