Brake Problems Version 3- Seizing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So,

Heres the run down, I bought the truck with no brakes, po tried to replace rusty metal lines, couldn't get a pedal. He replaced the master cylinder twice, and no luck. I purchased, replaced the metal line running from front to back, replaced the lspv with a summit unit, and also replaced the master cylinder. After all that the pedal was feeling good, drove it 5 miles home, no problems. I tried driving it to my friends house, and the front drivers caliper was seizing, so I replaced it. While trying to bleed the brakes after caliper replacement, I was having trouble getting a pedal feel. I left it overnight and the pedal was there the next day. I tried driving after on the road, and the pedal felt very stiff, like when the drivers caliper was seizing. The truck was barely moving, so I returned and parked it.

I am running out of patience with this rig, I want it gone, but I cant sell it without working out this brake issue. I can only assume that the passenger caliper is seizing up, or something is causing the front brakes to get to much pressure.

My guess is the push rod on the booster is adjusted too long, it should be checked/adjusted when the master is changed. There is a return port in the master, if the piston isn't allowed to return fully it will be covered and the system will build pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom