brake lines and such (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, guys. i'm tring to find what i will need to replace the brake lines on my 75 cruiser. does anyone know the size of the fittings, or will i have to replace them with ones from sor or something like that? i don't know if i can use simple compression fittings. does anyone know if this will work? if i have to, i will retap them to make something fitt. i don't care if it's a standard size. can compression fittings even be used, or are the fittings made just for the fittings built on the lines? anyone got any ideas?

Are you replacing both the hard lines and the soft lines? Im not familiar with compression fittings, but MAF makes a 4 piece steel braided kit for the soft lines (they will also work with a lift) for abot $100.00.

Hard lines are avail from Toyota. Very cheap like $10 ea. You cannot make them for less. Even if you buy from SOR they are cheap. Soft lines are all avail from NAPA around $20 ea. I do not make lines, I buy them.

I believe compression fittings are not DOT "legal". Although I know plenty of guys who use them. I would avoid them if possible.

My .02. :D

hard line fittings are all standard 10mm (inverted flare... the standard for older brake lines, rather than the newer bubble flare)... if you want to bend your own to fit just pick the lines up in lengths from ~6" to 60" at NAPA, brake part shops or the like.

jm

I just bent a hard line for the front brakes on my 40, it was pretty easy...give it a try.
Plus you get to buy tools ! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom