Brake Lights Quit Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had brake problems the past week, diagnosed as a faulty brake booster. The new OEM brake booster was put in today and works fine.

After doing the swap and re-assembley, the brake lights were still on. The new problem was caused by the brake pedal lever not depressing the plunger on the brake light sensor. Before adjusting the sensor position, the brake lights would go out by depressing the plunger (read: ops normal at this point).

I adjusted the brake light sensor to make contact and the brake lights went out, however, I have NO brake lights whether the plunger is pushed in or left out! After the brake lights quit working, I noticed one of the four wires that feed into the harness was chaffed/broken. I made a new connection by cutting the wire and splicing with a wire nut, no help.

I checked the brake light fuse, it's good. The brake lights come on when the light are turned on up front.

I thought the sensor could possibly be faulty, replaced the sensor and still no brake lights.

Thoughts?

I found this diagram in another thread. I assume the "sensor" I'm referring to is the stop light as seen in the diagram?

wWXAgbz6p1w4G04D9ojUibvKS58_pHoynheJhMoyBT6AMDkJ2pIP-K41pUiK3GbfSnwL0kMfSRrPsXUkkGVy6mh3OyTu42O-PIZ6BlYtzwpfBeGI-J4qvoUESmyPVJMtZutyGeVPVKC-ueIdJb3CLMu4Y__9s3i5kQ9540G_Yx3pyfxXg9S3785o29cbx_k7CpMk5oJ72YJAx6ZCrMG-hnMb5AnrUGRAQSw-VGUHmSM3IQq8Et9cDga0L8QNt9cEsEMFQVsGWZWPRLwzKycuMlXpCqvST8rVH0lZeWxsCAW3Nfcegd47zN83aCGXTGl3_4LVykgWWf5XbT82Y4h8gln_SA-S04CXWu8vOaj5sSk1d5Din8W1UdzWvd3uqEH-rMqu4lBWfiyDMx6I7AynICexHXOY2OtU3xEVCXrA_4O7vA1bUCYOcpLfwqA3FHs8XLjKieIkrwRkWvaA7VCnUxNONBTLDEHhuD2TonYkIpOP3FJ4hkIMKDRK0iHliOtlLTbz3bwzOFlzXiTmljkxJDA1vDxmzsSG-9mue98fMcqKyXsl_xtp3jcgzK_JoJfolO56ZQ2zkrrt4_IfgnO9BXwb9mWjYMIUcnilkrts0_3oVXXYaZK2=w914-h1624-no

Pull and reinsert all the relays in the DS kick panel area. This sometimes helps.

Also, pull the wiring harness out of the bottom of the A pillar at the bottom of the DS kick panel and unplug / replug the harnesses...all of them. I helped another guy with that one previously.

Otherwise, check your ground wires and check to make sure your wires are still attached to the switch under the column.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom