Brake (edit: Actually Rear Heater) System Replacement (1 Viewer)

I am having a tough time matching up brake lines (edit: this was not the brake system, it's rear heater lines) with part numbers..I see some rusted hard lines under passenger side connected to some soft lines...I figured I would replace the hard lines + the soft lines and clamps and then looks at overhauling/updating other areas in the system. Does anyone know where this is in the diagram, or what parts these are?

PXL_20201101_233823816.jpg

PXL_20201101_233806256.jpg

PXL_20201101_233757549.jpg

474066A.jpg

Last edited:

iptman

SILVER Star
That's not a brake line, that's your rear heater hard lines. Someone in the Classified section was recently selling a new set. It's a PITA to replace those though, typically have to drop the transmission. Easier to just bypass the rear heater.

Here's a used set.

Last edited:
That's not a brake line, that's your rear heater hard lines. Someone in the Classified section was recently selling a new set. It's a PITA to replace those though, typically have to drop the transmission. Easier to just bypass the rear heater.

Here's a used set.
Ahhhh that is good news and bad news.. I was originally thinking of keeping it to help disperse engine heat and maybe come in handy in cold winter days, hmm this sound like a real PITA like you said

JOFS

GOLD Star
You can bypass with rubber hoses and keep or bypass up front

There are more threads on this. I used rubber hose and wrapped it where it is close to the cats

good luck
John

retrofive

SILVER Star
Ahhhh that is good news and bad news.. I was originally thinking of keeping it to help disperse engine heat and maybe come in handy in cold winter days, hmm this sound like a real PITA like you said
Handy in the winter, YES! I love sitting my ski boots back there on the drive to the mountain. Nice and toasty to put on.

Here's a used set.

I used silicone heater hose and routed to it stay away from the cats. It is a pain to get that stuff off. Mine was actually leaking coolant. 1/2" silicone heater hose is what I recommend.

You can replace the hard line, and I have one I'm debating on putting on; however, I don't know that it's really needed with the new hoses on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom