Brake Controller for 2018 GX460 Luxury (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a a gut feeling but this may be 20+ on both models and not 10-19 460s with radar cruise... that will require further research but there were some noticeable CANBUS changes that occurred in 2020 on 4R and GX. The OBD port lost a few pins as an example. No longer can one do a ZPC with a paper clip but would require Techstream or another scan tool capably of function. Pre-collision also gained pedestrian detection on 460 over the old system.

Granted PCS and radar cruise are relatively rare options in 10-19 model but will definitely explore this issue.

Thanks!

That is about the only thing I truly wish I had on my rig, adaptive radar cruise control.
I hate traveling on long lonely highways behind someone not using cruise control drifting between 65 and 80 mph with no were to pass.

I ordered everything from Redarc - screenshot of my order confirmation attached. This is the only brake controller I've ever had so I have nothing to compare it to, but it is awesome. The proportional adjust feature lets you dial in how much braking you want in the trailer and you can dial it in however you want.

I already had the Lexus pig tail (was in a bag in my glove box).

Make sure you wire and out it exactly as Redarc install instructions state.

View attachment 2479453View attachment 2479452

Sorry to revive an old topic. Did you need to install the 30A breaker kit? Redarc states it's for 3 axle setups, which is way above any weight these vehicles could tow... I'm finding myself in a bind and might need to accomplish this job quickly...like overnight all the parts quick

Sorry to revive an old topic. Did you need to install the 30A breaker kit? Redarc states it's for 3 axle setups, which is way above any weight these vehicles could tow... I'm finding myself in a bind and might need to accomplish this job quickly...like overnight all the parts quick
I did’t install any breaker kit with the Tow Pro Elite I installed. Just the Tow Pro Elite and the pigtail I got from them for a no cut install. Super easy to do. Unfortunately, the first one I got was defective and after one trip it wouldn’t stay calibrated which means it wouldn’t work. Emailed their customer service and they asked me a few questions. Based on those answers they determined it was defective and, not only sent me another one at no charge, but also a newer version that had come out since I had bought mine. It has worked flawlessly. I also have a Prodigy P3 in my wife’s Tundra. It works fine but I will likely never buy anything other than Redarc going forward if I need another brake controller.

I did’t install any breaker kit with the Tow Pro Elite I installed. Just the Tow Pro Elite and the pigtail I got from them for a no cut install. Super easy to do. Unfortunately, the first one I got was defective and after one trip it wouldn’t stay calibrated which means it wouldn’t work. Emailed their customer service and they asked me a few questions. Based on those answers they determined it was defective and, not only sent me another one at no charge, but also a newer version that had come out since I had bought mine. It has worked flawlessly. I also have a Prodigy P3 in my wife’s Tundra. It works fine but I will likely never buy anything other than Redarc going forward if I need another brake controller.
Awesome thanks for the feedback! I'll go that route then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom