Brake Controller for 2018 GX460 Luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok cool, do you know if I have to run a seperate wire for the brakes back to the connector? I have a factory hitch and wiring.

I believe this is true for both (I have the Redarc installed), but the unit comes with a pig tail that you need to splice into your factory brake controller pigtail that should have come with your GX if you have the tow package installed (it's usually in your glove box, or maybe in the rear in one of the cubbies). Splice these two harnesses together (4 wires), and then plug the GX end into the harness down by the dead pedal/kick panel on the left side. You can see it below in the upper left of the pic - the white harness by the ebrake.

If you don't have the GX pigtail in your glovebox, then you'll need to source that as well.

blank.jpg

I believe this is true for both (I have the Redarc installed), but the unit comes with a pig tail that you need to splice into your factory pigtail (Do you have a picture of this?) that should have come with your GX if you have the tow package installed (it's usually in your glove box, or maybe in the rear in one of the cubbies). Splice these two harnesses together (4 wires) (What harnessnes? The ones at the hitch I assume?) , and then plug the GX end into the harness down by the dead pedal/kick panel on the left side. You can see it below in the upper left - the white harness by the ebrake.

I might have found a picture online that is starting to makes sense... :)

(I created a picture tutorial below)

Last edited:
I’ve had good results with Tekonsha over the years.

So I purchased the redarc controller and have the Lexus pigtail. Couple extra wires on the Lexus side.... I noticed the Toyota pigtail that redarc sells has a white wire with a eyelet attached to it.... Any suggestions or diagrams?

I found that for reference if it helps someone in the future.

I've been investigating the same thing in preparation for a 2000 mile road trip this summer towing a ~5k-6k lbs trailer. I found this video on YT with full install instructions. Looks pretty comprehensive. This guy has a bunch of tutorials on projects he did on his 460.

Reactions: r2m
I've been investigating the same thing in preparation for a 2000 mile road trip this summer towing a ~5k-6k lbs trailer. I found this video on YT with full install instructions. Looks pretty comprehensive. This guy has a bunch of tutorials on projects he did on his 460.

Would mind posting this also in the "Manuals" thread? GX 460 Manuals
It would be a lot easier for people to find when needed.
Thank you from all of us!!

IMG_0224.JPG

I tried the blank, but it wasn't wide enough to work....
IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

Zip tied and gorilla taped in. Make sure its high enough the plug in will not show below the panel.
IMG_0234.JPG

Plug and Play at this point!

Very nice step by step.

Drilling the hole in the kick board, no issues with air-bags or their possible deployment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom