brake booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
the general sections down, so Ill ask here.
have a bad brake booster on my 40, hissing sound and such.
im thinking rebuilt is the way to go, since the parts that fail will be new, twice as much though as far as ive found. found a used one on cruiserparts.net for 150, rebuilt ones for about 300 on couple places. just wondering if anyone would trust a used one? brand news not available.

I probably would if you can get a guarantee they will refund your money if it's bad.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I was planning on a $400 rebuild from SOR. It is $600, -$200 when you ship them your core. The rebuild parts are half, but there is a special clamp tool invovled that makes it impossible to do without. Where did you find the $300 rebuilt ones? Unless It was under $100 I probably would not go with a used unrebuilt booster. It could only last a week before it goes out, too iffy for me.

jt outfitters will rebuild yours for 299, says theres a two weeks wait, cool cruisers of texas has 71 to 75 for $315
75 to 83 is $349 exact exchange required at cool cruisers

Exercise caution when dealing with reman boosters. Try to hold on to your original until you have compared the replacement to the original, AND verified that it works. After you turn your core in it may dissapear and you may not be able to get it back if the new one doesn't work   (been there)

Regards...Dan

I finally talked the service dept into doing what I told them to do in the first place, which was to re-build the original one using an OEM kit. I rescued the original core and got them the kit, they put it togther and it worked fine........

I love it when I'm right........ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom