Brake Booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BTB Products has a FJ40 brake booster and master cylinder they say will bolt up and has an internal proportioning valve set for four wheel disc brakes. I'm guessing it's an GM master cylinder and booster with an adapter. They want $425.00. Does anyone know what they're using? Thought I might be able to go to the local parts store and get the same thing for about a third the cost but I don't know what to get.

Thanks

Screw that, go to a junk yard and pick up the mastercylinder, powerbooster and all the goodies that go with it off a newer toyota truck(I think anything in the '90s will work) All of this will cost you about $30 and will bolt right on without any modification at all. Sweet, easy, and cheap newer toyota part. ;)

I used the brake booster out of the donor '79 - '85 toyota pickup. I then got a new master cylinder out of a '95 toyota land cruiser from a parts store. Stuck my old PU master back in as the core. It has worked great sense I put it in. Wouldn't do it any other way if (when) I do it again.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom