Bowfin Rack with 50 inch Lightbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to do a quick writeup of how we got a 50 inch Stage Series Diode Dynamics Lightbar on an 80 Series Bowfin Cruisers rack.

I first want to thank James at Voodoo Cruisers for tackling this project and helping me make my idea come to life and then letting me document the process.

The Bowfin rack with light cut out is only setup to do like a 42 inch light. As seen below on @Voodoocruisers awesome white 80.

The crossbars on an 80 rack are 50 inches wide and we really wanted to see a fullsize bar across the top. This probably works with other bowfin racks as long as you have atleast 50 inches of crossbar width, you'll have to measure yourself and let me know.

20210125_130800.jpg

So just cut the fairing flat at the top and all will be well. Remount the fairing to the crossbar, unpackage your light, spend some time trying to get the factory bracket to work then give up.

20210123_141949 (1).jpg

Next, figure out your light placement. It's a tight fit as the 80 crossbars are 50 inches and the lightbar comes in at just under that without it's brackets.

Make a simple 90 degree bend and get some holes in them to mount to the crossbar and then to the light.

@Builtbybudski seen below measuring out the horizontal holes before drilling and trimming down the bracket.

20210125_135742.jpg

20210125_134628 (1).jpg

More pics in next post.

Next trim down the tabs, we haven't painted or powdercoated them black yet but it will be happening. Only so many hours in a day and we wanted to get to wiring.
20210125_151359 (1).jpg

We could have a conversation about wiring but everyone wants to to do a different way so you do you, if you have any questions on how @Builtbybudski did it, he or I will be happy to answer.

the next step involves turning the light on then staring directly into temporarily blinding yourself and saying, "yep, that's bright".

20210125_141305 (1).jpg

Next, you'll want to take it outside and play with it sometime after you stop seeing purple dots.

20210125_185404 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom