Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Bowfin_logo_FINAL_2017.jpg

Hello everyone, I am not new to MUD but I am excited to be a new vendor.

Here is one of the new items I am offering up for sale.

80 series roof racks:

* Laser cut aluminum side plates and front wind deflector

* T-slotted aluminum extrusions for the top rails

* Stainless laser cut double washers for the ends of the load bars

* Stainless steel bolts and nuts

* Custom latch system holds the rack on very securely, using lock down bolts so it cannot come off accidentally. Very easy to remove to clean the roof of the truck.

* Rack system weighs 57 lbs

* Rubber strips for the side rails and front deflector to protect the body

* Front deflector can be had with a cutout for a single row 40" light bar

* Available in: Textured black powder coated sides, latches with black anodized rails and black fasteners
Anodized silver powder coated sides, latches with clear anodized rails and bright fasteners

If you wish, you can mix and match these as well (ex- black parts and bright fasteners)

Pricing is $995 plus shipping and applicable sales tax for black powder coating,
$1045 plus shipping for Prismatic Powder coatings "Evo Grey" powder coating

*Custom colors are doable, please pm me for options.

There is a thread on mud covering the initial rack offering. I am offering a sale on the first 10 racks of $750 ($100) off. ****FIRST 10 OFFER IS FILLED, CHECK BACK IN CASE SOMEONE BACK OUT, THANKS*
20171022_174854.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @dogfishlake
I've been interacting with /stalking your original "New vendor..." thread and admiring the quality engineering/craftsmanship that you put into your rack.
I'd finally like to put in my order.
I like the black/white look on yours so I'd like it in the all black option. Textured black powder coated sides, latches with black anodized rails and black fasteners please! Zip code: 78414

Hey @dogfishlake
I've been interacting with /stalking your original "New vendor..." thread and admiring the quality engineering/craftsmanship that you put into your rack.
I'd finally like to put in my order.
I like the black/white look on yours so I'd like it in the all black option. Textured black powder coated sides, latches with black anodized rails and black fasteners please! Zip code: 78414
Pm sent!

I am very close to ready with a few more roof rack offerings. Should be ready within two weeks to take orders. The 80 rack has gone well and I have another round of those to be ready in two weeks as well. Website is still a struggle so if anyone needs anything or wants to order, please send me a p.m.

Just a couple of teaser pics. Hopefully more tonight.

60 Rack. Same latch system that I came up with for the 80 rack, T-slotted cross bars for versatility.
20180104_125039.jpg
20180104_124938.jpg

20180104_130529.jpg
GX470 test fit. Getting closer
20180104_130536.jpg

100 series. The side rail is in front of the factory roof rack so not a great picture yet but you can see the Bowfin rack is nearly the same height as the factory rack so it wont change clearance much at all. Better pics coming very soon!
20180104_113559.jpg
20180104_110845.jpg

Nice! I haven't had a chance to install mine yet. I need to start saving up to get your 100 series rack now. I was really impressed with packaging and perfectly labled parts.I will post some pics once Im finished welding up old roof rack holes and have it monstalined.

Nice! I haven't had a chance to install mine yet. I need to start saving up to get your 100 series rack now. I was really impressed with packaging and perfectly labled parts.I will post some pics once Im finished welding up old roof rack holes and have it monstalined.
Excellent news (not the part about not having time to install it!), glad you like it. And thank you.

I realized I hadn't linked a video of how the 60 and 80 rack latches work. It gives a bit better idea.

Here's a nice Video on Dan @fj80toyman 's sweet 80 series and a little more about my roof rack at 16:44

Thanks Dan!

I dig it! When will 60 rack be available?

I had hoped by now but it isn't quite there yet. I have a new set of side rails to work with this weekend that get me closer to the goal. Also, I am trying a new set of wider cross bars for this. The 60 roof is a bit wider and while it would be nice to offer something that can fit it all, it really isn't going to happen and still look good IMO. Still, I should have the 60 version up on the website for sale before the month is out!

www.bowfincruisers.com

Got some prototype awning brackets welded up, coated and on my 80 to test out. I had considered using 3 brackets instead of 2, but 2 made for a very solid mount. Also put the tent on the RTT brackets and went for a long ride. Expressway at 80 mph, bounced down some trails, and hard corners, bumps, stops etc. All working very well.

20180126_152609.jpg
20180127_100355.jpg
20180127_103612.jpg
20180127_150926.jpg

any 100 series racks?

Whats the price point i was going to make the purchase of a front runner but willing to wait for these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom