craigslist Boulder CO..neither are mine..Looking for first 80..thoughts on these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series

Serious question: Are you looking for the most expensive examples that you can find for your first 80?

Serious question: Are you looking for the most expensive examples that you can find for your first 80?
Haha! I don’t know. Just a couple in the area around me. I guess I want one that’s not gonna need $10k in parts and labor to run well. And if they come with some decent well appointed mods I’ll take it

Both look pretty good, might ask more about the restoration methods, products, parts used as well as what necessitated the need on the LC.

The LX looks good and can usually be acquired for a little less money than an LC.

80's are a pay now or pay later machine, just depends on where you want to start!

Good luck, there are lots of both fans and skeptics!

I’d pass on both. For me, part of the fun of owning an 80 is the process to get it to how I want it.

The LC smells scammy to me.

The LX is overpriced but clean.

Are you able to go and look at these?

I’d pass on both. For me, part of the fun of owning an 80 is the process to get it to how I want it.

The LC smells scammy to me.

The LX is overpriced but clean.

Are you able to go and look at these?
I would be able too. Both are at a max 2 hours away. I’d want a list of s*** to check out and ask. And be able to diagnose if BS or not from seller

I'd pass on the Lexus. Too many nuisance issues for that money.

If money's not really an issue for you, you should have the LC professionally inspected to be sure all that work was done right, then consider it. He's asking Bring a Trailer top bid money, but it it's really a well done full restoration maybe it's not 10k too much.

Both those trucks have been for sale on Craigslist for a while. You probably can't tell that if you just started looking. When something is up for sale for more than 1 day it is usually overpriced or needs more work than described. It is a hot market and good deals go quickly, like in less than 24 hours. Doesn't give you much time to get inspection and such but some buyers will take deposits if you are serious. I just took a $1000 deposit yesterday on a toy. It is a sellers market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom