Bolt replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSteppe82

Legalize Cannabis
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know the part number for this bolt ? It goes in the factory skid. I think there are 6 total.
C8FFD6F4-2B4E-4A58-AB6F-D3E1018AAD68.jpeg
9AAE70EA-FFFA-4475-A913-F1F9E3F63713.jpeg
E127B567-076B-439B-A057-F2795ADD681D.jpeg

Last edited:
While you are at it run a M6-1 tap into the insert for it, then grease the threads of the bolt when you install.

I’m replacing all of the skid bolts. These are the other two sizes that were in the skids
66877839-5962-495C-BE14-CA31D22E73CD.jpeg
8116B963-E1A5-4D9C-B675-4358810E4C6A.jpeg

While you are at it run a M6-1 tap into the insert for it, then grease the threads of the bolt when you install.

Thank you. I was actually going to ask you all about that.

So I just went out and pulled the bolt in question. It matches yours. It may be that Toyota has simply superseded this bolt with the other 10mm, but I am looking into it.

Last edited:
I’ve had it for 8 years. The bolts were probably mismatched during servicing.

90109-06375 is the first pictured M6 flanged bolt, it goes through the side plastic splash shields into the skid plates.

I ordered a new one of these a couple months ago. They haven’t changed from the originals on my truck since 2013.

I’m replacing all of the skid bolts. These are the other two sizes that were in the skids View attachment 2516918View attachment 2516920
Also if you haven’t figured it out yet, the small washer bolts go through the inboard edge of the skids into the center rib structure that connects the front crossmember to the one under the engine. Also two go into the oil drain plug access hatch on the plastic skid.

The large washer bolts go everywhere else.. one each into the two deep holes in each side skid plate, four into the front edge of the large plastic skid, two into the rear corners of the big plastic skid.

A 3/8” cordless impact gun is just amazing at removing all this stuff quickly for service.

One of the two bolts on the center rib structure on mine is snapped off and the other is missing. I need to drill out the broken bolt and clean up the threads in both holes and replace the bolts.

In a perfect world, Toyota would have designed it with all identical fasteners, so only one tool needed and no worry about mixing up where they go. Of course, in a more perfect world, one wouldn't have to remove 10 fasteners and a few skid plates to access the oil filter for routine maintence. Not sure why they put a trap door on the drain plug but not on the filter. A big swing and miss.

It is 27 total to get the skids, splash shields, center rib, and under engine tray off the truck.

All 10 or 12mm. Takes me less than 2 minutes with a creeper and the impact I mentioned.. though bolting everything back on is much longer to avoid cross threading or snapping bolts. Still, it’s pretty quick.

Oil filter is only 9 and takes no time. I assume a hatch up there would weaken the plate.

I have a creeper and a cordless impact as well. I still think engineers should strive for easy access to required recurring maintenance items. My wife has a Cayenne, and it requires a creeper and an impact as well, to remove two big plastic underbody shields to access the oil drain. It is another vehicle that could benefit from a hatch to access the drain. The filter is on top of the engine, which helps.

Not to mention, when I bought both of these vehicles (used), whoever had serviced them in their previous lives had managed to lose/strip a fair number of fasteners.

That is the problem.. 27 bolts is a lot of opportunity for people to lose or break things.

Surprise... dealership lost a skid plate bolt on my '13. Aftmost bolt, left side. I can't seem to determine whether it's a 9011908862 or a 9167480820.

SKIDS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom