Bolt On Spare Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I, like most Mud members have wanted to get my spare tire out from underneath my truck since i bought it, in order to gain more ground clearance. With the summer camping season coming up i wanted to buy a bolt on spare tire carrier, but i didn't want to wait months to take delivery, so i built my own. Now before anybody asks if I'd be willing to build one for them, the answer to that question is NO! Anybody who would like to buy their own bolt on spare tire carrier for their truck, should contact Mud member landtank. He is currently working on bringing one to market, and offering them for sale. Here are a few photos of my finished build.
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG

That's a real sweet set up you designed and fabricated!! It gets it out from underneath *and* opens up on the correct/non traffic side!!

Nice pintle hitch, that should work out really good for your off-road Adventures when pulling something utilizing that hitch.

Looks amazing!

Out of curiosity, what's the dowel shaped part directly under the vertical square tubing for? Is it just acting as a spacer to support the weight of the tire against the horizontal square tube?

That's a real beaut, Clark.

Thanks everyone for your kind complements.

Looks amazing!

Out of curiosity, what's the dowel shaped part directly under the vertical square tubing for? Is it just acting as a spacer to support the weight of the tire against the horizontal square tube?

Since the arm supporting the tire is like a lever, and even though it's made out of 1/4 inch wall tubing, and the axle is 35 M.M. there still could be some up and down movement, so i thought it would be a good idea to have some support under the arm. So the dowel looking item is a round disk made out of black Delrin, made to support the arm.

Nice work on the carrier! :)

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr also sells an excellent-looking tire holder for those looking to purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom