Body Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced the original stock body mounts on my 1970 FJ40 and am having some leveling issues. Now that I have replaced the mounts the Cruiser leans even more to the left. Yes I know cruisers have the tilt problem. This one is leaning about 1/2" more so to the left and it has caused the hood to shift to one side. Should I go back and remove all the mount bolts again and shim this thing out? The body mounting package has no reference to this shimming issue. ???

is it just the hood? sounds like you have a fender lower then the other, that is one adjustment.

my cruiser lean is a spring deal not a body mount deal, i thought that was the way everyones lean was? BTW i have a 1" lean to the passenger side at the springs.

a 1/2" shim sounds to drastic, i would do more checkin to see if its another problem rather then the difference between the frame and body? a bad body mount, twisted frame, etc..

[quote author=HI^C link=board=1;threadid=7324;start=msg61220#msg61220 date=1068486908]
a 1/2" shim sounds to drastic, i would do more checkin to see if its another problem rather then the difference between the frame and body? a bad body mount, twisted frame, etc..
[/quote]

I agree and just one more thought, did you tighten down one side before the other? Any mounts seem to pull when tightened? I would loosen all mount bolts, adjust body and criss/cross tighten the bolts up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom