BMW 5 series seats/ Torfab brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I have searched, and most people are using the Torfab BMW as they are intended for (LOL), but I found a set of local to me 5 series seats.

Has anyone used 5 series seats on their 60 series instead of 3 series seats, and if so, did they work with the Torfab brackets? I called their shop, and they said that the brackets would fit, but the seat would sit higher than desired in the cabin.

I am asking this now because I saw a fj62 restomod article and it claimed that BMW 5 series seats were used, and it looked about right!

cheers, and thanks in advance,

Joel

I looked at a junkyard set of 5-series seats once, and they were way off - I think the tracks are a lot wider apart. I would spend a lot of time with a tape measure before you spring for 5-series seats.

That’s all I need to know! I’ll keep looking for correct seats.

Thanks, @SteveH

Try LKQ.com to find the seats. It has been a few years since I got mine from them. Leather, full power, heated, like new condition were about $100/seat, and $200 shipping from any of their yards. Mine came from Dallas. Would have been the same if they came from Seattle. Make sure you ask for the body side of the plugs to be included.

Brackets are easy to make for just about any seat as long as the t’s not too funky. I wouldn’t corner yourself into the BMW seats ... just IMHO

@dbleon I agree, but as I look for decent gray colors (aesthetically) for my fj62, and I don't want black. If anyone has a pic of procar or Corbeau seats installed, that would be great, as both look a bit too light gray. the BMW seats that are gray seem to be a decent medium gray.

thanks!

CCA83EC3-2F3E-45B2-8F91-EDC45407FE68.jpeg
3FFE8435-205A-4F06-8949-8D314ECAAD48.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom