Bluetooth microphone placement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing a new radio with Bluetooth. Where did you install the microphone? Someone installed it up near the front reading lights in the garage door opener area...looked good. How did you end up running the wire to ensure it stayed tucked up in the headliner? Also, I need to see my options to run the wire behind the drivers console.

Thoughts? Pictures? I want the microphone to look as "hidden" as possible.

I pulled off the a-pillar trim. There was a hole from the head unit cavity that allowed me to route the wire under/behind the driver dash, to the base of the a-pillar, and ran up to the ceiling.

I clipped the mic at the top of the a-pillar. Works great.

If you want mount it by the map light, I'm sure you can then run the wire tucked up into the headliner, but hopefully someone can confirm that.

I mounted mine inside the cavity of the main Gauge cluster (speedo/tach) and it produces some reverberation. Anyone have any issues with placing it up high like the OP is suggesting?

I pulled off the a-pillar trim. There was a hole from the head unit cavity that allowed me to route the wire under/behind the driver dash, to the base of the a-pillar, and ran up to the ceiling.

If you want mount it by the map light, I'm sure you can then run the wire tucked up into the headliner, but hopefully someone can confirm that.
I did this as well. If you have or plan to have a ScanGauge II up in the sunglass area @BenCC makes a rad holder for up there that will hold one certain bluetooth mic. Other than that you can mount to the corner of the upper console holder up there. People can here me just fine and no reverbation that I have been told of.

I did this as well. If you have or plan to have a ScanGauge II up in the sunglass area @BenCC makes a rad holder for up there that will hold one certain bluetooth mic. Other than that you can mount to the corner of the upper console holder up there. People can here me just fine and no reverbation that I have been told of.

It looks like clipping it on the upper part of the pillar might be my best choice. To pull off the A-Pillar trim, so I need to take the clips off the handle? I assume there are a couple of screws behind those caps?

I really like this spot. Out of the way and sounds great!

D6D774E9-D850-4089-B649-7940FC28DAF6.jpeg

385C45C0-2073-4987-8054-D01876E0D1CC.jpeg

Yes it pulls off - or you can pull it just enough to fit the cable through. Very easy install. The microphone picks up the passengers very well and without the road noise. It's a Kenwood DDX5706S head unit and microphone that came with it.

Yes it pulls off - or you can pull it just enough to fit the cable through. Very easy install. The microphone picks up the passengers very well and without the road noise. It's a Kenwood DDX5706S head unit and microphone that came with it.

Got it. I'm installing the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX head unit and the microphone that came with it. Mics between yours and the Pioneer look pretty much the same from the pictures.

Awesome info. Thanks

This is where mine is. Crystal clear according to callers I speak to, and they can hear the passenger just fine, too. The priority is my voice, so I prefer it in this location. Centered in the cab will sound less clear since it's capturing more ambient noise and not directed at anyone. If you're mostly in the car with others (wife, etc) I can see the location in the middle but at the top of the A-pillar is best IMO.

Edit: Note that most cab mics are cardiod pattern, so they don't work well placed in the middle. Only if the mic is omni or a subcardiod should you place it in the middle.

Mine also where Jammigator has his mic. Works pretty decent.
(same mic Kenwood /JVC)

Was easy installation

@BenCC's mount is excellent! That's what I've got in my 100 series.

64D5E5A5-C8ED-4B0E-99B8-8D0E3FCE8264.jpeg

I used the factory bluetooth microphone location. Reused the factory metal clip and shoved the grom mic into that spot. Routed wire through headliner, passenger a piller and then over to driver's side center vent area.

Screenshot_20201028-195725_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom